Chapter 10

༺❂༻

It was now early morning; (Y/n) was just studying as per usual as her thoughts got lost in the book in hand.

Her attention was quickly drawn away from her book to the commotion that was happening outside. She looked out her window to see a ginormous water spell in the air with her new teammate, Noelle, in it.

(Y/n) rushed outside to see that the rest of her squad was also out there; inspecting the magic power of the royal.

"Ummm... Captain, aren't you gonna do anything?" (Y/n) questioned.

"If we suppress it with a magic attack, the girl inside might die." He stated, "if we had someone who could nullify magic then..."

Captain Yami came to the realization that they indeed did have someone that can nullify magic. He grabbed Asta and swung him to the water spell.

In one swift motion, Asta took out his sword and slashed the girl's spell; making the spell disappear and now having both of them falling through the air.

Finral casted his spatial magic to stop the girl and boy from plummeting straight to the ground.

༺❂༻

With his mouth full he began to speak, "so I've been meaning to ask, what does a Magic Knight squad do anyways?"

He can't be for real (Y/n) mentally facepalmed at Asta's extremely stupid question.

"Really?" Magna was astounded by the boy's stupid question. "You're seriously asking that?"

"We protect the country, and guard vips, work for men!!"

"Why the hell did you join one without knowing?!?"

Asta tried to respond but soon got cut off by the rest of his teammates.

༺❂༻

"Now then, you guys get to your first mission." Magna announced to the rookies, "you'll be in the village of Soshy hunting boars."

Captain Yami butted in telling them that he lost a bet and now they have to do a favor in return.

"Regardless of the situation, it's my first mission!" Asta began to yell even louder, "I'm getting pumped!!"

"So I'm going to a dirty little village for a dirty old man, to kill a boar?" Noelle questioned.

Since Asta doesn't have any magic and Noelle has barely any control over hers, Magna brought out his Crazy Cyclone.

(Y/n) grabbed a broom and prepared to get in the air.

3...

2...

1...

And they were off. (Y/n) flying right beside the Crazy Cyclone which held Atsa, Noelle, and Magna.

(Y/n) sooner than later left them in the dust, leaving them far behind.

"HEY!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!" They shouted from the Crazy Cyclone, but (Y/n) was too far ahead to hear.