Chapter 31

My previously lifeless body jumped into action. I shot up off the floor and stared wide eyed at the note again. This note was definitely Blake's writing, so that meant something could have happened to him, something not at all related to another suicide attempt. And what are the chances of him leaving a message in his note and me telling him about the murder I witnessed the last time I saw him? 

I needed to find him. Maybe I was just grasping at straws but I needed to follow this hunch, I just had this feeling deep in my bones that Blake didn't want to end his life again. I wracked my brains, where could he possibly be if he hadn't attempted suicide? I had no idea. I tapped my fingers onto my knees, I needed to retrace his last steps. He was at the hospital yesterday morning; he went missing between when he left the hospital and when he was supposed to return home. 

He must have been at the house if he left the letter or somebody else could have been in here. A creep shuddered up my spine at the thought of having some kidnapper in my room. I remember calling his phone yesterday after I found the letter and it actually rang through, even though he didn't answer. That meant his phone was still on, and maybe could give an indication of where he was last. I knew it was a long shot but it was worth a try. I grabbed my computer out from under my bed and logged in. I knew Blake had find my iPhone on his phone and if I am able to hack into his App Store, I will be able to track it.

It took me two hours; my hands were moving over the keyboard like a trapped fly in a glass container as the adrenaline fuelled my movements. I linked his tracker to my phone and when the location lit up on my phone, I breathed out a massive sigh of relief. His phone was still turned on and had the internet connected wherever it was. His phone's location pinged and indicated that he was at the school.

My eyebrows knitted together, why would his phone be at the school? I zoomed in on the location to see more precisely that his phone was located at the old orphanage just beside the school. I remembered with a frown that and a quick look at the time the fundraiser was being held there right now. This was weird, very weird. Why would his phone be at the fundraiser, when is probably should be at the bottom of the lake? 

The chances of all this being a coincidence was too high. I needed to investigate. I quickly splashed my puffy face with water and changed into acceptable clothing to be seen outdoors in. I ran up to my car and started the engine with a roar and then sped down the road racing towards where Blake's phone was located. I felt like I was always racing towards Blake, racing to save him.

The tires squeaked as I pulled up into the parking lot to the orphanage, which was located right next to the school. The parking lot was packed, the fundraiser was being held in the front gardens of the orphanage.

The usually dark and abandoned gardens of the orphanage was illuminated with bright scintillating lights and was bristling with people. Stalls were set up throughout the grass areas and there was a stage that was erected where an orchestra was playing soft music. Food trucks were assembled and there was an animal pen where people could hold different wildlife. I glanced around in awe, I didn't realise Lisa had been doing so much work for this, I really have been neglecting her recently with everything going on with Blake.

I looked at my phone and zoomed into Blake's phone tracker to find that it indicated that his phone was inside the orphanage building. The orphanage was surrounded by a gate so the only way to get into the building was through the front entrance gates. During the day when we are at school the entrance gates are usually left open which is how all the delinquents got in there to smoke cigarettes but today there was a blockage at the gates.

The grand gates that enclosed the orphanage were open to the public but there was a woman standing there collecting entrance money, it was a twenty-dollar entry fee. I stood at the back of the line and fished into my purse to find some money.