S2 E4 : 🚬 B47 🚬 (Ch. 171)

His expression showed us how truly dedicated he was to send the Z back into the marijuana bushes mixed with hanging vines. A couple minutes and a grunt later, he stayed true to his own goal.

It wasn't really a goal, it was more of a survival task. If he didn't send it back, I'm sure 10K and Warren would've been more than willing to figure out how to get the undead from out of my face.

Slowly, the Z began to submerge into the ocean of green, his eyes piercing into mine deeper as he took his forced leave. A wave of shivers went swimming down my back at the feeling of his eyes never leaving my body.

I don't like this place, I don't like this place.

"Come on."

Murphy moved from in front of me, going for the leader's position again as we continued onward. We walked more on eggshells than we had done before since we knew nothing of when the threat would be heading our way.

They were silent, truly. When they get right in your face would be the only time you'd know they were preying on you. Finally, after feeling like hours of walking, we came to an unfamiliar opening of space in the large greenhouse.

Against the thin screen wall of the place, sat tables with plants lined up. Numbers were written and stuck inside the fertilized dirt, but were dirty from overgrowth and neglection.

"There it is." Murphy stopped walking for a moment to point at the leaves and buds that they were suppose to be harvesting and plucking.

"Let's do this and get the hell out." I rushed them into this mission, getting goosebumps down my back from the area we were in and the things lurking in the unknown.

I know we were being watched, I just can't figure out where. How thick is this stuff anyway?

"Doc and 10K, you guys harvest the leaves. Murphy and I will get the seed pods."

The two began to walk towards the tables, but before I could follow behind 10K, Warren grabbed my arm.

"Watch our backs while we do this."

Nodding my head in understanding, I got a little closer to the back of 10K and turned around. I could see the small path we had used to come this way, along with Murphy and Warren, who were harvesting on the other two tables.

My eyes covered the ground while the axe in my hand began to feel heavy. It seems like this weapon was made for more hefty men than it was for seventeen-year-olds. Nothing seemed out of place since we had entered, and no one else had moved out from the bushes.

The first clip of a leaf was audible from behind me, then the sound of Murphy grunting told me my past theory was in fact, a fact. We hurt the Zs, it somehow hurts Murphy. Not going to lie, I feel kind of smart figuring that out by myself.

"Careful!" Patient Zero hissed out when he felt the roughness of how everyone was picking at something that didn't belong to them--or him, "Remember these things have feelings."

Your feelings. These things hurt your feelings when they get hurt. I could practically hear the eye roll that 10K was doing behind me, and I know for a fact that 10K was rolling his eyes after Murphy spoke.

That's just always his reply to Murphy. Always. To 10K, how 'The' Murphy felt was invalid and so was his thoughts about the zombies he could control, which had changed rapidly from the first time we had met.

Murphy was once scared to the bone when it came to the Zs, now he's trying to protect them.

"Reminds me of my days back in Humboldt."