17. Dinner

Aadya's POV

"Monster..." I murmured and stepped into the closet.

I draped a heavy designer saree. I opened the door of the closet and my eyes started wandering whether the monster was present there or taking shower. He was still taking shower. I sat on the chair infront of the mirror and kept checking which jewellery would suit the saree.

He opened the door of the bathroom. I looked at his reflection in the mirror. He was looking at me through the mirror. May be he was examining my saree.... A towel was wrapped around his waist. His hairs were wet and water droplets were dripping down his bare chest. I kept staring at his biceps.

He simply moved away and went into the closet. I resumed checking the jewellery. I put a simple looking necklace and the matching earrings.

I started putting mascara when he opened the door of the closet dressed in sky blue shirt, black pant, black blazer and entered. I looked at him and resumed putting the mascara.

I stood up seeing him suddenly behind me. He stepped back and asked me to pass him the comb. I gave him and he combed his hair looking into the mirror. He took his perfume and sprayed it. He slowly went to the nightstand, took his phone and started scrolling it.

I sat on the chair and resumed putting make-up.

"How long??"" he asked.

"Two minutes Sir" I answered.

He cursed under his breath.

"I'll wait in the living room. Just make it fast" he said and disappeared.

Within five minutes I went downstairs. We both headed to the parking area and seated in his Rolls Royce car. It was a silent journey. Destiny had put us physically together 24/7 365 days but couldn't put our hearts together. We reached Mr.Gowda's farm house after an hour.

Mr.Gowda received us. He had done all the athidi maryada which have to be done to a guest. I must say.. his farm house was pleasant. May be he had chosen every aspect of the house by himself. The interior was astonishing. 

We reached the dining table. Monster seated beside me and Mr.Gowda seated opposite to us. It was Italian cuisine. I attended these kind of dinners as monster's P.A but this was the first time as his wife.

I had some Pasta and Mushroom Risotto. "This is delicious" I said unknowingly. Mr.Gowda gave a smile.

Monster and Mr.Gowda were indulged in talks. I was having dinner without giving any attention to their talks.

"So Mr.Gowda. We didn't talk about the actual point. What do you think about the presentation?" monster asked.

"It is obviously yes Mr.Omkar" he replied.

They exchanged smiles and got indulged in their men talks. We finished dinner and headed towards the lawn. I and monster seated in a couch and Mr.Gowda on another.

The sky was bright with the Moon and stars. A servant brought deserts in a trolley. Monster and Mr.Gowda took Gulab Jamun and I took cake.

"Mr.Omkar. If you don't mind can I ask you a questio?. It is a personal question. Only if you're comfortable" Mr.Gowda said.

"It's absolutely fine Mr.Gowda. Please go on" monster said.

"How did you both get married?" he asked.

"Well.. my dad and her dad are childhood friends. They arranged our marriage" monster replied swiftly looking at me and him.

"Ohhh.. So your's is not love marriage. Mr.Omkar Mitra, Chairman of Mitra group of industries, recipient of the Young Achiever award had an arranged marriage" Mr.Gowda uttered.

Monster simply gave a smile.

"Ok Mr.Gowda. I think we've to leave now. It's already late" monster said looking at his wrist watch.

"Well ..fine Mr.Omkar. See you soon" Mr.Gowda said.

They shook their hands and soon we left. I don't understand what for I attended the dinner. I had nothing to do over there.
.
.
.

To be continued
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies if you felt bored with this chapter.

Aadya's Saree is in the cover photo of this chapter. Give it a look.

Comment and let me know your opinions.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)