40. Devastated

Omkar's POV

I had dinner and we went upstairs. I was trying hard to speak to Aadya but my voice wasn't cooperating. With what face would I speak to her? I was feeling ashamed of my act. I stepped into the bathroom for nature's call and stepped out soon. She laid on the bed resting her head on the headboard. Her novel had all her allention. I sat on the other side of the bed and cleared my throat to make her look at me. As expected she shifted her attention from the novel and looked at me.

"The person behind the transaction was known. It was ..." I was about to say but she interrupted and said "I know who was that. The private agent called and informed me" She shifted her attention back to her novel.

I couldn't face her anymore. I laid on the bed burying myself under the duvet with my back facing her.

Aadya's POV

I slapped him and stormed out of the cabin. I controlled my tears. I went home and directly stepped into my room. I locked the door from inside and laid on the bed sobbing. Clutching the pillow tightly I broke down. The pillow became wet with my tears. Slowly I dozed off to sleep.

It was 7 pm when I woke up. I woke up due to the knock at the door. I washed my face and opened the door. It was Khushi. Entering into the room she hugged me and started speaking like a chatterbox.

"Wow...vadina (sil). I am overwhelmed with your new avtaar. Annayya's (brother) expressions were worth watchable. I salute you" speaking so she actually saluted me.

I smiled at her and we were engrossed in talks when my phone buzzed. It was the private agent. I excused myself from Khushi and lifted the call.

"Mam. It was Priya who had done the transaction" he said.

"Okay. Thanks for the information. Did you inform Sir about it?" I asked.

"I am trying to call him mam. He isn't answering the calls" he said.

"Okay" I said and disconnected the call and turned back.
Khushi was suspiciously looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What happened vadina? Looks like some tensed situation" she said.

I narrated her what happened but didn't reveal that the monster yelled at me.

"I knew it vadina. I knew it. Priya is a bitch. She trapped annayya for money" she said.

We had dinner but the monster didn't show up yet. Everyone departed to their respective rooms. It was probably 11:30 when he returned home. I told him to fresh up and soon he had dinner. We stepped into our room and he was about to tell that it was Priya who had done the transaction but I interrupted and told that I knew. He laid on the bed and buried himself under the duvet. He might had felt guilty for the afternoon's incident. But he didn't even apologise me for it. Whom was I expecting apology from?? Huhh... I cursed him and switched off the light soon.

It was dawn. I woke up and looked at my phone. It was 7 am. Monster wasn't in sight. Might have gone for morning walk as usual. I stepped out of the bed.

Omkar's POV

I couldn't sleep properly. There were many questions which only Priya could answer. I looked at my phone. It was 5 am. I looked at Aadya. She was sound asleep. I got hold of my car keys from the nightstand and slowly slipped out of the house without making any noise. I stepped into the car and started driving. I drove to Priya's home. I parked my car in the cellar and hurriedly went to her flat and clicked the calling bell. There was no response again. Phone calls went unanswered.