41. Truth

Omkar's POV

I slipped out of the house and went in search of Priya. I called her for the umpteenth time but in vain.

"How could she do this? What's the matter? Is she really heading to Italy or am I dreaming? Is she dumping me? No no. What are you thinking Omkar? Why will Priya dump you? Do not jump to any conclusions without knowing the whole scenario" I said to myself.

I turned the steering to whereever possible. There was no place where I hadn't searched for her. Forgetting the day-night, thurst-hunger I wandered on the roads for two days.

Finally it was the day when Priya was supposed to head to Italy.

"No matter wherever she's in the past few days but ultimately she've to reach the airport right" I thought and headed to the airport.

Aadya's POV

I was trying to call the monster but in vain. Maavayya (fil) clearly instructed me to convince the monster to arrive to the party and meeting. But what would I do when he didn't even answer the phone calls? He didn't show up.

"I know where he'll be. Definitely with Priya" I thought.

Khusi entered the room getting ready for the day's event.

"Vadina (sil)... What are you doing till now without getting ready?" she questioned.

"What shall I do Khushi? Your brother didn't show up and didn't even answer the calls from the past two days. I simply lied to everyone that he's busy with work. And this Party..how will he arrive when he don't even know about it" I said.

"What? He didn't show up for the past two days" she asked in disbelief.

I nodded.

"That's ok vadina (sil). Let it be. He must be with Priya. I am one hundred percent sure. You don't think much about it. Just get ready. He'll suffer for his own karma" she said and pushed me into the bathroom.

I took a hot shower and draped a Saree. Khushi helped me with the hair, jewellery and make-up. It was 6 pm. Everyone gathered at the hall.

"Aadya. Where is Omkar?" Niranjan mavayya (mil) questioned.

"Mavayya. He's busy with work. He can't attend the Party" I gulped and replied.

He fisted his palm.

"I clearly told you to convince him and get him attend the party. But you couldn't even do this simple thing." he almost yelled.

I bent my head.

"Do you really know how important it is?" he yelled.

"I know mavayya. I tried but.." I was about to speak but he interrupted and said "but?? But what?? If you really have the will you won't be giving excuses" he confronted.

I couldn't speak anything.

"What kind of wife and daughter-in-law you're? You can't even fulfill your duties" he said and left the hall.

A lone tear escaped my eye.

Annapurna attayya (mil) walked towards me. She lifted my chin with her palm and wiped the tear.

"Don't take Baava's (bil) words to heart. He speaks very rudely when angry. He will cool down soon" she said and I nodded.

We headed to the hotel.

Omkar's POV

I reached the airport and parked the car and stepped in. My eyes started wandering every corner for Priya.
I looked at the board to check the flight timings. The flight to Italy was expected at 5:29 pm.