78. POV

Omkar's POV

After Priya left me, I never thought that I will be normal. I started liking Aadya's presence. I got habituated waking up next to her, stealing glances of her while she is adjusting her saree, having food, heading to office, doing work together, fighting with her over petty issues and everthing..... My day literally starts with her and ends with her. Her fragrance is something that entrapped me. I literally got addicted to her hugs and kisses. She is attractive...mentally, physically and soulfully.

I never thought I could trust someone else in my life. But Aadya proved me wrong. Everything was getting normal between us. Until that incident happened on New year. I didn't know what got into me at that time. Just by hearing a mere conversation of Aadya and her parents I accused her of marrying me for my money. That was the day I stooped low.

She left me and the house after that accusation. Of course..why shouldn't she..

I hit the bed to sleep but reality hit me harder that day. A minute felt like years for me. A second without her felt like hell.

A few days later I got divorce notice from her lawyer.

I didn't have anything to say. I didn't know what I was expecting from her. Was I angry for the notice? Was I at guilt for accusing her? I don't know. I didn't have words to talk.

A few weeks later I found her diary in the cupboard of closet.

Every word of Aadya's diary shattered me to the core. I never realised that I have been this unfair to her. I never realised that I tortured her that much in the initial months of our marriage.      She could have easily left me alone but never did so. I never knew that she loved me that much. I never gave her a valid reason to love me nor treated her well.

Adding to that, I found the letter which I wrote to her prior to our marriage. That was the day I realised that she never had a clue about my relationship with Priya.

She had taken my side all the while in all the thicks and thins. She made me a human.

The guilt in me reached peaks. Without giving her a chance to explain I always accused her. That was when I realised that she felt literally tired of everything when she was leaving the house. She was tired of hearing my accusations, tired of making efforts, tired of my bipolar behaviour, tired of everything.

A lone tear escaped my eye. I couldn't resist myself from wanting to see her.

I was descending the stairs when I heard Khushi and Dhruv talking.

"I wish vadina (sister-in-law) doesn't go" said Khushi.

"I wish some magic would happen" said Dhruv.

"What? Where is she going?" I asked as soon as I descended the last step.

"I don't know where she is going. When we asked she just said that she is going somewhere far from all these" said Dhruv and my legs started trembling.

Did she decide to leave me, this house, her family everything forever?

I rushed out of the house and entered the car. I didn't know how many traffic signals I have surpassed.

You can't leave me like this Aadii...

I restlessly got out of the car and gave rings as soon as I reached her home.

Her mother opened the door.

"You. What are you doing here? Leave" she said and tried to close the door when I held the door and she looked at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Attayya (mother-in-law) where did Aadya go?" I asked.

"It's none of your business" she said and tried to close the door.