52. Embarrassment

Aadya's POV

I wanted to cook his favourite dishes but it backfired. My hand was hurt severely. He gave me earful for entering the kitchen. I couldn't control my tears. Can't he scold me softly? He applied ointment and did the dressing and yelled at me for my every action. I felt scared to look into his eyes. Monster. He even yelled at me for weeping. How rude?? He fed me with his own hands. I felt so heavenly and at the same time scared. I held back my tears for so long. Soon I ascended the stairs and stepped into the room.

I closed the door and crashed on the bed sobbing. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I clutched the pillow tightly.

Soon the sound of the door opening was audible. I immediately sat on the bed and wiped my tears. I knew who the person was. Monster. I don't want to talk to him. He sat next to me. I looked away. I was hell angry and at the same time upset with him. He ranted my name umpteen times but I didn't respond. He held my left hand. I pushed his hand away. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I turned to him immediately and started hitting him on his chest for yelling at me. He held my cheeks and wiped my tears. I was still hitting him. He held my right hand and kissed my palm on the dressing.

We had an eye lock. I hugged him tightly and buried my face in the crook of his neck. He reciprocated and hugged me back.

"You're not going to enter the kitchen again" he said. I felt his concern behind his words.

We broke the hug. I was startled seeing his tears. I held his cheeks with my tiny hands and wiped his tears. He caressed my hairs and kissed my forehead.

He broke the kiss all of a sudden and left me and stood up.

"What happened?" I asked him. There was no response.

He turned away and was about to leave. I held his arm. He paused.

"Where are you going?" I asked. Silence again.

He slowly freed his arm from mine and left the room.

What happened all of a sudden?

Omkar's POV

I left the room and slammed the door behind me. I entered the balcony and held the swing tightly.

"Why am I going close to Aadya?"

"Simple..you started liking her" my inner voice said.

"No. Not at all"

"Don't lie" my inner voice said.

"Why will I lie? I don't like her"

"Ohoo!! Why did you care for her then?" my inner voice questioned.

I kept mum.

"See.. You like her but you aren't ready to accept it" my inner voice said.

"No...I don't like her" I screamed.

"""I don't like her. Even if I start liking her I can't trust her..What if she ditches me like Priya did? She isn't trustworthy. She married me even after reading the letter. She had her own motives I believe."""

I left the balcony and opened the door of our room slowly. There was dim light. Aadya was lying on the bed. She was asleep.

I went to the other end of the bed and started scrolling my phone. "Pchhh" she sighed tossing on the bed again and again. What happened to her?

Slowly I laid next to her and caressed her forehead. The frown lines on her forehead disappeared. In no time she wrapped her arms around me and buried her face into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and I don't know when I dozed off to sleep.