62. Read it

Disclaimer : A very short update. Plz don't curse me..

Happy reading.

______________________

Aadya's POV

I stepped into the restaurant and my eyes started wandering for the familiar faces.

"Vadina (sil)" I turned to my left listening the familiar voice.

"Khushi" I uttered and walked towards the table.

She stood up from the chair and gave me a tight hug.

"How are you?" She asked breaking the hug.

"Fine" I replied faking a smile.

"Don't lie vadina. We very well know that you aren't fine" I heard a familiar voice and snapped my head.

It was Dhruv. He stood up from the chair and we hugged.

We seated. Khushi seated beside me and Dhruv was infront of us.

"So vadina (sil) how's life going?" he asked.

"It's good" I said staring at nowhere.

"Oh come on vadina.. Don't lie" he said with frown lines appearing on his forehead.

These brothers I say...they literally get pissed with anything and everything.

"We know that you two can't live without each other. And both of you acknowledge the fact..but no one is ready to accept it" Dhruv said trying to maintain his cool.

"I am not ready to accept it?? Like really Dhruv?? I am literally shocked listening your words.. you're talking like this even when you know everything" I yelled at him. My mood swings you know 🤪🤪..

Khushi and Dhruv glared at each other.

He took a deep breath and said "vadina.. It's high time. I think you need to come back to home" and looked at Khushi. She nodded.

"Really? You expect me to come back even after witnessing what happened that day??" I yelled at both of them.

They lowered their gaze. The coffee was served by the waiter. We took a sip from our respective cups. There was awkward silence.

"Dhruv...Don't you think it's your brother who need to plead me to return home?" I asked breaking the silence.

They nodded in unison.

"But Vadina..just think about it once. Annayya (brother) is not behaving well since you left the home. He changed. He is not behaving the way he used to when you were around him. He misses you vadina. And it's quiet evident" Khushi spoke.

"Whatever it is Khushi..I don't care. I really don't care" I said increasing the tone.

She lowered her gaze again. I cursed myself for yelling at her. I held her chin and made her look at me.

"Khushi..there is a threshold for everything. Once the threshold is crossed things go beyond repair" I said with tears welling in my eyes. I shut my eyes tight preventing the tears to fall from my eyes.

"But any one should compromise right??" Dhruv asked.

"That is what I am telling..Why me always?? Why do I need to compromise always? Why don't you ask your brother the same thing? In fact he is the one at fault right" I yelled again.

He stared at the table fidgeting his fingers.

I held his hands and said "I am sorry Dhruv but you need to understand. I tolerated his shit literally for an year but what did he do in return? I can't stay with him putting my self respect in stake. I hope you understand"