26. Broken phone

Aadya's POV

It was dark. Roads were empty. There was no light source other than a streetlight. I was walking. There was a man in sight from far. His face wasn't visible. He started walking towards me from the opposite direction. I was afraid. I turned and started walking away.

He started calling me with my name. How did he knew my name? I increased the pace. He was calling me again and again. I almost started running. I turned my head while running to look at him. He was running towards me. I hit a stone and fell down. I was shivering. Within seconds he reached me. His face was covered with dupatta. His hand started reaching me...

"No..." I shouted and opened my eyes. I sat and realised that I was on the bed. Huhh...it was a dream. I sighed and wiped the sweat formed at my forehead. I filled a glass with water and had some. While putting the glass back on the nightstand I touched a thing and it fell on the floor.

I switched on the bed light to check what was that. Ohhh God.. it was the monster's phone. He would kill me if he come to know about it. I collected the pieces and put everything in position. I switched on the phone. Thank God...it started. I checked the phone clearly. There was a crack on the glass.

"I have to get it fixed before this monster comes to know" I thought and put the phone on the nightstand. I cursed my planets and dozed off to sleep.

Omkar's POV

I woke up and looked towards the bed. Aadya was still asleep. I changed my clothes, went for a jog and returned soon. She was drying her hairs.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded. I didn't want to discuss the previous day's incident early morning. So I kept mum.

I put the phone in charge and asked her whether she was okay to attend the conference. She nodded. I took a shower and we had breakfast. I insisted her to come with me in my car. She denied and said that she would come in her scooty.

I reached office and entered my cabin. She reached soon. We made arrangements for the evening's conference. I could sense her discomfort. I asked her again and again whether she was okay. She nodded indicating yes.

Post lunch I said "Look Ms.Aadya. This is the last and final time I'm asking you. Confess now itself if you aren't feeling fine. If you make any mistake in the conference I won't spare you". I almost warned her.

She nodded and said "Actually yes Sir. I ain't feeling good."

"Fine then. Go home. I will manage" I said.

She nodded and left to home. The conference didn't go well. It was only Aadya who could manage it. I can't force her if she wasn't feeling good right..

.
.
.
To be continued
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the late update.

Wish you a very happy Sankranti/Pongal everyone.

Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)