33. Preparations

Aadya's POV

I headed to home, parked my scootee and stepped inside. Amma was about to speak something. I didn't bother and simply stepped into my room.

I took a shower and settled on the bed. I began to think.. That day the monster told me to check the letters placed at my desk. I checked each and every letter. But there was no letter which he personally have written to me.

If I didn't read the letter then who else have?? Was it actually placed at my desk?? If I had read the letter that day then I wouldn't have married him and wouldn't be left with broken heart.

Amma entered in breaking the chain of my thoughts.

"Where did you go?" she asked.

"To my friend's place amma" I replied.

"Don't lie. You went to office right" she said.

I couldn't look into her eyes.

"When I told you not to go to office why did you go Aadi?" she scolded me.

"Amma. We had an important conference online with foreign delegates" I said.

"Don't lie" she said.

"If you don't believe me then ask your son-in-law" I almost yelled at her.

Amma was startled. But soon she gave a smile.

"What? I yelled at you and you're laughing" I said in disbelief.

She shook her head and told me to come for dinner. She stepped out. Don't know what happened to her suddenly. What did I say which made her smile??

We had dinner together and soon I departed to my room.

A week later

Amma was literally irritating me telling me to do this pooja and that.

I settled on the couch in the hall after the pooja. Someone from behind closed my eyes with their palm.

"Guess who?" the person said.

With the voice it was clear that the person is female.

"Who is this?" I said thinking.

"Just guess" she said.

I touched her wrist to guess her by the accessories. She wore a stars bracelet.

"I know who you are. Khushi.." I said.

"Yes" she said and stood infront of me. I stood up and we hugged each other.

"How are you Khushi?" I asked her.

"I am fine vadina (sister-in-law). I want to talk something important to you." she said. Her enthusiasm was clearly audible in her words.

"About what?" I asked.

"About the day which is after four days." she said.

I know what she was talking about. Monster's birthday.

"So. What have you planned for that day?" she asked.

"I still didn't plan anything Khushi" I said.

"How unromantic vadina?? Still you didn't plan anything. I thought that you must have planned everything by now. Okay then.. When Khushi is here why fear.. I will tell what to do" she said.

I didn't know how to react. I just gave her a smile and nodded.

We had some talks and she told some plans. I was quiet impressed by her choices. She had some coffee and left soon. "Oh God!! Now I should give a surprise for whom for that man" I thought.

After 4 days

Everything was arranged. Annapurna attayya (mil) invited my family for the monster's birthday party. She told my parents to reach the venue exactly by 11 pm.
Amma & nanna nodded their head.

Attayya took me along with her so that I would have a look on the arrangements and decorations.

Party was arranged in the ball room of a 5 star hotel. The decorations and arrangements were very well done. They weren't done completely. But I was awestruck with those incomplete decorations itself. I and attayya personally checked everything.

It was 8 pm. Khushi reached the hotel. We had some dinner and resumed checking the arrangements.

"Khushi.. What will tell your brother to make him come here?" I said.

"Don't worry vadina. I already told him to reach here for my friend's birthday." she said.

I gave her a plastic smile.
.
.
.
To be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter.

Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)