58. demon

Aadya's POV

"Aadya..."

"Aadya you're getting late. Wake up" hearing the voice I opened my eyes. I didn't feel like waking up but I had to as that day's was an important conference.

Yawning I held my phone which was next to me and swiped the screen. Shit!! It showed 8:19 am.

I got up from the bed and opened the cupboard.

"Which saree do I need to drape today?" I thought holding my face with the thumb and index finger.

"Huhh!! You're going to office. Not to impress someone. Drape whatever saree you get in your hand" damn my mind voice.

I took out a blue saree and other necessities and closed the cupboard. I put the saree on the bed and stepped into the washroom with a towel.

After taking a shower I wrapped myself with the towel and stepped into the bedroom. I draped the saree and opened the curtains.

With the towel in my hands I looked at the files to check if there were any mistakes

With the towel in my hands I looked at the files to check if there were any mistakes. Nope..there wasn't any. After all it's me who personally checked the files. Why would there be any mistakes?

"Ok ok. Don't fly now. Enough of self bragging." damn this mind voice. I wanna kick it out. But what could I do? It isn't practically possible.

I combed my hairs and tied them into a bun. I put kohl to my eyes and put a bindi near the forehead.

Putting the laptop and files in the bag I peeped into the hall. There was no one in sight. Good opportunity as I didn't feel like having breakfast. Without thinking twice I marched to the main door. I stepped out and was closing the door.

"Aadya" ....I unheard the call though I heard it 🤪 I closed the main door and stepped towards the elevator.

I clicked the button and looked at my wrist watch. Godd I gonna be late. The doors opened and I marched in and clicked the G button.

"Ufff!!! How many times do I need to complain the secretary?. She doesn't take care of it at all. All she needs is the funds" I cursed.

It literally took three minutes for the elevator to reach the ground floor. I marched out and rushed to the parking slot. Damn!! Cursing myself for oversleeping I put the bag in my scooty and took the helmet in my hands.

"Aalya" I heard a voice.

I knew the owner of the voice. I turned back and looked at the four foot demon rushing towards me.

"Offoo Chintu. It's Aadya, not aalya. How many times do I need to tell you?" I said with baby voice and pouting my lips.

"Offoo.. Your name is aalya only" he said pouting and running.

And there comes his mom running after him.

"Chintu. Wear your slippers" she said with his tiny slippers in her hands.