29

A•V•A

Today, my mother is going back to California with Charles. I'm sad to say the least, it's been really nice to spend time with her this week. She's actually treated me like an adult, which was really nice. Right now, I'm helping her pack of the last of her things, she's taking a few more things with her this time, considering she's moving in with Charles soon.

"Oh dear, can you fetch me my leather coat?" My mother motions towards me, I nod my head, standing to my feet now.

"Oh honey, you're not going to need that." Charles chuckles, shaking his head, "you know it won't be that cold."

My mother let's out a sigh, shaking her own head now, "I suppose you're right."

"We should have dinner tonight," i suggest,  "you know, before you leave." I offer her a sad smile.

My mother smiles back at me, giving me a sympathetic look. "Of course we can do that."

After quite a while longer, my mother finishes packing her things and Charles loads the boxes and bags into the car.

"It's so empty." I mention, gesturing towards her bedroom which looks barren compared to before.

"You'll have to come visit me, won't you?" Mom smiles, hugging my shoulder.

"Of course momma." I smile softly, pecking her cheek.

My mother and I stand in the doorway of her room for a few moments, myself reminiscing about when I was a child and slept in here night after night, my little brain not allowing me to rest without my mother by my side. She seems to be lost in thought as well, her eyes flickering toward each corner of the room. I glance up at my mother to be met with a tear falling down her pale cheek. She quickly raises her hand to brush away the droplet.

"I'm sorry Ava, I shouldn't cry in front of you." She insists and I quickly shake my head.

"Don't worry, momma." I smile softly, hugging her now.

We stand there for another minute, enjoying the hug before I pull away.

"Let's go get some food, yeah?" I suggest, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Yes dear, let's do that." My mother agrees, wiping her eyes one last time.

Soon enough, my mother notifies Charles that we'll be getting food before we leave.

"Why don't you invite Luke?" My mother suggests and I nod.

I grab my phone, sending him a quick text message.

From: Ava

Hey, we're gonna go get some food if you'd like to come along. You can meet us at the pizza place downtown if you'd like to 💜

I click send after reading the message to make sure I've said what I need to.

After a few seconds, my phone dings in my hand

From: Lukey

I'll be there princess xx

I smile at my phone before stuffing it into my sweater pocket. After a few minutes, my mother and Charles enter the living room, letting me know it's time to go. The three of us get into the car, Charles driving this time. My mother gives him directions to the pizza place downtown, telling him when to turn and such. Soon, we arrive at I immediately spot Luke's SUV in the parking lot.

"Luke's parked over there." I comment, pointing toward his vehicle.

Charles parks beside him and we get out of the car, my mom greeting Luke. After a few moments of chatting in the parking lot, we enter the restaurant and sit at a table near the window. We all enjoy our food once it comes, chatting with each other. My mother talks about how she's sad to leave, but reminds me that it's necessary. I attempt to keep the conversation innocent and light hearted, not wanting to stir anything up before my mom leaves town. As I take a tip of my soda, I feel a hand fall onto my thigh and I jump slightly, almost spilling my drink.

My mother gives me a concerned look, "what's wrong dear?"

I quickly shake my head, placing my drink back on the table, "oh this is just really cold, sorry."

My mother nods, looking over at Luke and continuing her conversation with him. I can hardly understand what they're saying, as I feel Luke's hand creep further under my skirt. I attempt to stay calm, but I feel as though my cheeks are deceiving me. I can feel them heating up by the second as Luke's fingers near my core.

"Oh of course, I'll make sure she's well taken care of." I hear Luke say and I glance up at him, listening to the conversation now. I can't believe he's just acting as if nothing happening!

"You know Ava, I'm very proud of the adult you've become." My mother comments, looking at me now.

At this moment, I feel Luke's finger brush across my bundle of nerves, and it takes everything in me to keep a straight face. He's the devil in disguise.

"Th-thank you." I manage to mutter out, glancing over at Luke for a second to see a smirk covering his lips. I frown at him.

Why would he be doing this now? Suddenly, I feel one of his fingers slip inside of me and I nearly moan out right at the table.

Without thinking, I stand to my feet,"I'm going to the restroom." I announce, rushing toward the nearest one.

Once inside, I close the door, leaning my back against it. I take a long, deep breathe, attempting to calm myself. Here I am, telling my mother goodbye, but all I can think of is Luke. I shake my head, attempting to clear my thoughts, but I just can't. I approach the sink, splashing some water onto my heated face. I hear a knock on the door, and then a familiar voice.

"Princess, let daddy in."