12

A•V•A

Once Luke and I arrived home, he helped me into his home and begin to ask me questions. I don't like this party very much. "How much did you drink?" He raises an eyebrow. "Maybe, two cups, I uhm.. I don't know what it was." I frown.

There's a silence for a few moments while Luke looks at me, his eyes scanning my flushed face. "Did he touch you? Like I did?" He asks softly, his face holding concern.

I shake my head no softly. Thankfully he hadn't touched me, and it wouldn't have been the same way as Luke if he did. I wasn't repulsed by Luke's touch, I craved it. "He uhm.. he tried but I didn't let him." I breathe out, trying to stay calm.

Luke let's out a sigh of relief and I find myself guilty for getting myself into such a situation. It was a bad idea to go to a party, and I knew that. Yet I went anyway, because I'm stubborn and immature. "I'm sorry." I say finally and he shakes his head. "Stop apologizing," Luke gives me a small smile, "I'm not upset, as I said before." Suddenly I worried he would tell Mom, so I decided to ask.  "Are you going to tell my mom?" I frown, my eyebrows knitting together.

Luke shakes his head, a chuckle falling from his lips, "Of course not, I was your age not long ago, and I loved to party." I don't actually know how old Luke is, would that be rude to ask? Luckily, his next sentence answers my question.  "You know, I'm only 25." He flashes me a cheeky grin and I smile in return.

"You're so old." I tease, attempting to lighten the mood. I feel a bit brace, the alcohol in my system encouraging me. Luke raises an eyebrow at me and a goofy smile covers his lips, "you're just a baby." He teases and I shake my head no. I playfully roll my eyes, scoffing at his words, "I am not!" I defend, a pout falling upon my lips.

"I don't believe that." He shrugs his shoulders and I giggle softly. Luke and I spend a while hanging out in the living room and goofing off. I really enjoy spending time with him, he makes me feel special and I'm glad to be his friend. I wish I had more friends, but I don't mind this. After awhile, I find myself growing tired. "I'm tired," I yawn, glancing at my phone to check the time. Luke pulls his phone out and does the same, his pale blue eyes scanning his phone. "Oh shit, it's nearly 3am and I've got work in the morning." Luke frowns and I cock my head to the side.

For a second, I forgot Luke was a real adult, with an adult job. "What's your job?" I blurt out. "Oh, I own a bar downtown. You can come tomorrow if you'd like." He smiles and I nod. "I'd like that." I smile.

Luke and I finish the movie we were watching and then head to bed, tonight he slept in the bed with me, and I didn't even have to ask. I'm sure he just wanted to be comfortable though. Maybe I should've offered to sleep on the couch, but it's too late now.

The sunlight beams in through the blinds and glares in my eyes, I let out a groan and turn over to hide under the pillow. When I do, I notice Luke is no longer in the bed. I wonder where he could be?

"Luke?" I shout from the bed, hoping he will hear me and I won't have to get up. After a few minutes, I don't hear a response. I drag myself out of the bed and make my way down to the kitchen. "Oh there you are." Luke greets me from the table, a cup of coffee held in his hand. "Good morning." I smile sheepishly then a yawn escapes my lips.

I take a second to look Luke over and realize he's dressed up in a black suit and I'm still in my pajamas. "Where are you going?" I question, cocking my head to the side.

"Got work." Luke let's out a sigh, running his fingers through his hair. I frown. I forgot he mentioned that last night, of course he's got a job, he's an adult, "Care to come along?" Luke offers, leaning down to tie his shoe. I guess it wouldn't be too bad, right? "Sure." I nod, giving him a warm smile.

"Get dressed, silly girl." Luke chuckles, giving me a nod. I look down, noticing I'm still in my pajamas, of course I am.  I rush to the bedroom and grab some clothes from my bag, throwing them on without care.  I head to the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth and hair, taking a second to look over my appearance. I'm clothed in a baby blue dress that falls just above my knees, and white stocking that match. After a moment, I head back to the living room. Luke is standing near the door, keys in hand.

"I'm ready." I smile, slipping my shoes on. Luke walks out to the car without a word and I follow his lead, getting into the passenger seat of his car. Luke begins to drive to a part of town I'm not sure if I've been too before.

"Where do you work again? I ask not remember what he said previously. I use my hands to flatten out my dress against my thighs. "I own a bar." Luke glances over at me, flashing me a smile. I had definitely never been to a bar, I wasn't really old enough, sure I could go inside of one, but I wasn't old enough to drink yet.  "Oh," I bite my lip softly.

I glance out the window and notice the car has come to a halt. "We're here." Luke says, placing his hand on my exposed thigh, "Stay with me while we're inside." Luke nods. I exit the car as he does, and meet him at the door. Luke's hand grabs mine dainty one and I hold onto his for dear life.

We enter the building and my ears a filled with many different sounds, music, noise from televisions, and chatter among people. It seems to be a bit crowed for noon, but I don't question it. "There you are!" A man calls and approaches Luke and I.

His accent is similar to Luke's but a bit different at the same time. "Who's the bird?" The man questions and I glance up at him.

His blonde hair falls down to his ears in golden curls, and his eyes are a nice amber color.  Luke taps my back and I clear my throat. "Hi, I'm Ava." I speak timidly, looking up at the man.

"Lovely to meet you," The man smiles, flashing me a toothy smile, "I'm Ashton." I'm glad he's polite, My surroundings were already anxiety inducing. "I'm watching her while her mother is away, don't get any ideas, Ashe." Luke chuckles. Ashton nods, taking a step back.

"It's been busy today. You're late mate." Ashton says, his hand rubbing the back of his neck. "I know, I know." Luke groans, his hand escaping mine. I frown at this. "Ash, take her to my office." Luke motions to Ashton and he nods. Luke leans down, facing me now. "Princess, I've got to get some work done. Behave while I'm working." Luke says, patting my shoulder.

I nod softly and give Luke a smile before Ashton escorts me to a room, with a large desk in the center. "Here we are." Ashton chuckles. "Thank you." I smile, awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"Have a seat." Ashton suggests and I nod, sitting in the chair behind the large desk. I notice there's quite a lot of paper work on the desk, as well as a few old cups of coffee. "I guess I'll leave now." Ashton says awkwardly and I nod.

He exits the room and I'm left alone. I wonder what I'll do all day while Luke is working? A sigh escapes my lips as I pull my phone out. I scroll through Instagram for a few minutes before my phone begins to ring in my hands. My mother's name flashes on the screen and I answer the call.

"Hey baby, how are you?" My mother's voice rings in my ear. "I'm good momma, how are you?" I smile, though she can't see me.

"Things are going well, I'm sorry I didn't call you when I landed last night, I was so tired!" My mother laughs and I chuckle with her. "Is Luke treating you alright?" She questions, concern evident in her voice. "Yes momma, he's been very polite and helpful." I say, hoping to soothe her worries. A sigh escapes her lips, "that's great baby, what are you up to right now?"

I wonder if she knows Luke works at a bar? I would think so, but you never know. "Not much, just sitting here reading my book." I tap my foot against the wood floor. I never liked lying to my mother, even if it was a little white lie.

"That's nice sweetie. I'm glad you're doing okay. I've get going though, I love you!" My mother says happily. "I love you too momma, I'll talk to you later." I reply and then the line goes dead.

Well, that was stressful.