16

A•V•A

I awake to the sun slight shining into my eyes from the opened blinds. My hand reaches out to cover my face, and my elbow bumps into something. My eyes flutter opened to be met with Luke's snoring self laid beside me. A smile appears on myself as I nuzzle further into his chest, drifting back to sleep. I feel at peace.

An alarm blares and I jolt awake, rubbing my eyes before I glance at the buzzing clock. It reads '7:05am'. I let out a sigh before clicking it off. My hand reaches over to shake Luke, attempting to wake him. "Five more minutes.." Luke mutters, burying his face under his white pillow. He looks so cute and perfect.  "I'll wake you after my shower." I groan, stepping off the bed.

The wooden floor chills my feet and sends shivers up my spine. I shake them away before entering the bathroom. Once inside, I flick the light on and start the water, turning it to hot. I step into the shower, letting the water drip down my body before I wash my hair and body, using Luke's two-in-one shampoo. I really need to get my toiletries from my bathroom, this stuff is destroying my hair.

After exiting the shower, I brush my hair and put it into two braids before putting my school clothes on. Today I'm dressed in a simple white collared shirt, a black skirt, and a blue sweater on top. I rush out of the bathroom, glancing at the clock to see what time it is now, as I did take my time in the shower.

I notice Luke's no longer in the bed, and assume he's in the kitchen. To my surprise, I'm correct, Luke is sitting at the table, sipping on a cup of coffee. "Hey stranger." I tease. Luke glances over at me, offering me a sleepy smile. "Goodmorning, princess. You look lovely." Luke comments and my cheeks flush pink. His complements always make me smile, he's just so sweet.  "Thank you." I smile sheepishly, playing with my braids.

I sit myself at the table across from Luke, pulling my phone from my bag to check the time. "I need to be at school in 30 minutes." I pout covers my lips as I glance at Luke from across the table.

I'm still tired if I'm honest, I didn't get much sleep last night and I can feel myself drifting off as I sit at the table, my head propped up with my arm. "You look exhausted, babydoll." Luke comments, taking in my sleepy state. I am exhausted.  I nod my head softly, my lips parting to let a yawn out.

"How about you stay home today, yeah? I can call the school and let them know you're feeling ill." Luke offers, "it is Friday, after all." I really want to, but I know my mother wouldn't allow that. She wants me to have nearly perfect attendance. I am quite tired though, one day off couldn't hurt, right? "Yes please." I whine, my balled fist rubbing my eyes. Luke nods, pulling his phone from his black sweat pants.

"Give me a minute." Luke says, standing to his feet and walking into the living room. "Thank god." I mutter to myself, resting my head on the table. I'm going to need a nap today. After a few moments, Luke renters the kitchen, a smile covering his lips. "All taken care of." He smiles, approaching me. His hand pants me on the shoulder and I lean into his touch.

"Thank you." I peer up at him through my eyelashes. Just as I'm about to stand up, my phone rings in my hand and I let out a groan. My mother's name appears on the screen and I sit up straight before answering. "Hey momma." I speak into the phone, awaiting her response. I didn't really want to talk on the phone now, but I had to.

"Hey love, are you feeling alright? I got a call from the school that you won't be going in today?" She phrases what she says as a question and I mentally slap myself, of course the school would call her. "My allergies are acting up again and I've got a migraine." I respond, praying she won't fuss about me staying home. She knows I get bad migraines occasionally, and has let me stay home once or twice because of them.

"I know you don't like me missing school, but it's really bad momma." I say into the phone. I really didn't feel great today, plus it was Friday. I didn't think it could hurt to stay home.  "It's alright babe, just don't make this a habit okay?" She replies and I let out a sigh of relief. I'm surprised by her response, but thankful.

"Thank you. How are things?" I ask my mother. "Things are going great! I.." she trails off for a moment, "I've met a really nice man while I've been away, we're going on a date tonight actually!" My mother gushes and I smile. "Really? That's amazing, momma!" I'm happy for her, my mother has been very lonely since my dad left, which was along time ago. I never thought I'd see her with another man.

"Oh baby, I've got to go! I'm going to be late to this meeting." My mother says suddenly. We both say goodbye before I hang up and sigh in relief, placing my phone on the table.

"How's she doing?" Luke questions. "Really good actually!" I smile up at him. "I'm glad." Luke responds, his hand rubbing my shoulder, "let's get you back to bed, yeah?" Luke asks and I nod.

Suddenly, Luke lifts me from my chair and I let out a squeak. "Put me down." I demand and Luke shakes his head. I felt safe in his harms, but I could walk!

"Uh uh, let me carry you." I give in, letting him carry me to his bed. I find myself nuzzling my head into his neck. Luke let's out a soft hum at this and I smile, grasping onto his shirt.

"Thank you." I whisper. I feel my back come in contact with the soft mattress as Luke lays me down, pulling the duvet over my body.

"There you go, sweet girl." Luke offers me a sweet smile, tucking me into the bed, "sweet dreams." He whispers, kissing me on the cheek.