11

A•V•A

Trigger warning:
Sexual assault

*****

"Looking for something?" I hear a voice and turn around to be met with Sam, Rose's brother. A smirk covering his lips. "Bathroom," I slur out, I'm struggling to find my words again, but this time it's due to the alcohol.

"Next door on the left." Sam responds, pointing in the direction. I quickly head to the bathroom and close the door, locking it behind me. Sam was giving me an odd look and I don't trust him. I take a moment to splash some water on my face, hoping to calm myself down. It doesn't seem to work though. I don't like being drunk, I feel unable to control myself, and worse than that, I feel paranoid and on edge.

I glance down at my phone as I sit on the bathroom floor, not wanting to leave yet. I notice a few missed calls from Luke, as well as many text messages and decide to call him. I don't know what made me want to do that. Maybe it was the look Rose's brother gave me, or the alcohol, but I felt very weird.

I press his name and after a few seconds his voice booms through the phone and fills up the bathroom. "Ava! Where are you? I'm suppose to be watching you and it's been 3 hours!" Luke barks through the phone and I begin to cry. I don't know why I started crying, but now I can't stop. "I'm sorry," I choke out, attempting to hide my tears. "I was so worried about you!" Luke continues and a cry escapes my lips. His tone reminded me of an angry father scolding his child. I let out a hiccup between my sons.

"Are you crying?" He suddenly asks and I choke out a soft 'yes'. His tone changed in that moment, going from harsh, to caring. "Where are you?" Luke asks frantically, and I think for a minute. I couldn't exactly remember the address, but I remembered rose texted it to me.

I take a deep breathe any try to compose myself before speaking. After a few seconds, I muster up the courage to response.

"I'm at a party downtown and I had some alcohol.." I trail off, feeling embarrassed by my actions and current state. I hear a sigh from the other end of the phone and I bite my lip.

"Text me the address and I'll be there as soon as I can." Luke says simply, seeming more calm than I expected. "Thank you." I speak softly, running my fingers through my hair. I was relieved he wasn't angry. I hang up the phone and quickly send him the address, checking over the message to make sure it's correct.

I give myself a few minutes then stand to my feet. I walk over to the mirror and fix my make up.

"What have you done to yourself, Ava?" I speak to myself in the mirror, brushing my hair out of my face, "Mom would be so disappointed." I frown at myself before turning away from the mirror and exiting the bathroom. I make sure to close it behind me. As I turn back around, I bump into something, or someone I should say.

"Oh sorry." I say quickly, running my hands over my thighs in an attempt to smooth out my dress. "Don't worry about it, Baby." I hear Sam, Rose's brother say. I didn't like the name he called me, and I didn't like how he's eying my body like I'm a piece of meat.

I jump back slightly and look up at him to be met with a wicked smile and dark eyes. "Where are you going, Little girl?" Sam questions, moving closer to me. I back up until my back hits the wall and I've got no where to run. "I really need to go." I say in a mousy tone, my voice seeming to fail me. My words were true, I needed to get out of here now, but it seemed Sam had other plans.

"I don't think so." Sam chuckles darkly, raising his hand to my face and brushing a stray strand of hair away.I wince away at this action, and this seems to anger Sam. He grasps my hip and slams me into the wall, causing a whimper to fall from my lips."You're so fucking sexy," Sam breathes out, his hot breath hitting my face, "I've had my eye on you all night." He smirks.

I squirm in his grasp but this only angers him more, causing him to press his body onto mine."Please, don't." I choke out, tears now staining my flushed cheeks, "Please."

Sam doesn't respond and instead leans down, placing a nasty, wet kiss on my lips. I don't kiss back and thrash in his grasp."You're such a tease!" Sam roars, slamming his fist against the wall behind me. I let out a cry, flinching away from him."I'm going to use you, like the little whore you are." Sam smirks, his waist pressing against mine roughly.

"Let me go!" I squeak, attempting to push him away. Sam presses into me harder and I let out a whimper, fearing getting the best of me now as tears stream down my face and cry's escape my  swollen lips.

"Let her go!" I hear someone bark and I glance behind Sam to see Luke, face red with anger and fists balled up. Sam let's out a sinister laugh and takes a step back."I don't even want her." He smirks, raising his eyebrows at Luke.

Luke moves closer to Sam and suddenly has him pinned to the wall. "If you come near her again, I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you." Luke sneers and I see Sam's face fill with fear. Sam doesn't respond and Luke releases him.

"Go." Luke barks and Sam disappears down the hall.Luke approaches me now and tears continue to fall from my red eyes."Oh baby," Luke breathes out, pulling me into his grasp.

I flinch away for a moment, but soon nuzzle my head into his chest. A sob escapes my lips and I feel Luke stroke my hair, attempting to soothe me.Luke holds in the hallway for a few minutes before I finally pull away, looking him in the eye."I'm sorry." I choke out, biting my lip.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're okay." He sighs, grasping my hands in his own, "let's get you home, okay?" He utters and I nod my head softly.Luke wipes my tears away and grasps one of my hands, leading me to the front yard where he's park.

"I've got to tell my friends goodbye." I mutter, looking up at him for a second."Okay," Luke let's out a sigh, "But I'm not leaving your side." He offers me a sweet smile and I give him a nod.

We walk toward the backyard, my hand clutching into Luke's much larger one as we make our way. I scan the backyard, searching for Elsa and Rose, but I'm having trouble spotting them due to my height.
"Hey, there you are!" I hear Rose shout, startling me.

"Oh hey, I was looking for you." I say softly, leaning in so she can hear me over the music. "Who's this? Your boyfriend?" Rose questions, sending a wink my way as she tosses her ginger hair from her shoulder.
I scrunch my nose up and shake my head. Luke's just a friend.

"He's taking care of me while my mother is away." I give her a smile, "I just wanted to tell you I'm heading home now." I clear my throat, nodding at her."Awe already?" Rose gives a pout and I nod, Luke's hand tightening around mine.

"I'll see you Monday. Tell Elsa I've left, will you?" I smile softly and she nods, leaning in to give me a hug. I return the gesture, scrunching nose at the scent of alcohol on her. "Thank you, bye." I offer her a small wave and Luke briskly guides me to the car.

The drive home is silent and it seems like Luke is driving slow on purpose. I find myself looking out of the window most of the time, not knowing what to say. "Are you mad at me?" I whisper, still worried I'd upset him.

"I'm just glad you're safe." Luke huffs, left hand tightly gripping the steering wheel, the other sitting on the center console. "Thank you for protecting me." I say softly, a small smile covering my pale lips.