47

S O P H I A | puzzle pieces and prom

3 months later...

Prom, it's tonight.

I didn't like junior prom much. Most girls back in New York got to wear dresses and heels, with their perfect dates and shiny limos. They got to feel like a princess for their prom.

Me on the other hand... I was pregnant and depressed. I spent the night with a gallon of cookies and cream gelato, watching Steel Magnolias and My Girl, and sobbing with Paige, profusely.

No matter how bad this prom is, it can't be worse than last year's.

Carter and I are going together, that was a given. We decided that a promposal was lame since we've been dating for a while anyway.

We've been doing okay. I recovered from my relapse and I'm 90 days sober again. It's been hard but all the Owen drama died down eventually. After we showed my mother the messages she worked her lawyer magic and contacted my lawyer that helped with the trial, we haven't heard a thing since.

Although my mom hasn't been in the business of sharing details about his current state of incarceration with me. When I would ask for updates she would just hum in response or say that we'll talk about it later. I don't know how the legal system works and I just want to know if him violating the restraining order got him sent back to prison. 

Carter and I had a very emotional conversation that ended with us deciding to never speak of that night again. I don't think either of us wants to relive me showing up on his doorstep, blackout drunk, him crying to himself when he thought I was asleep.

I'm taking things one day at a time.

Unfortunately our friends have not been so lucky. Claire and Hunter are doing okay, Hunter did have a cheesy promposal that involved cupcakes and way too many rose petals. It was cute though. Maddie is going with Liam. I still can't believe I have to go to prom with my college brother.

On the unlucky side Gavin awkwardly tried to ask Chloe to prom as she was the last person on his list that he needed to ask forgiveness from. Poor Gavin was met with a giant fuck you and she stomped on the azaleas he bought when he asked. She's clearly still upset over what happened in the past.

Finally Kia and Leo. Yikes. After their awkward hookup issue was resolved they decided to remain friends, which was a horrible idea because I constantly catch both of them looking when the other isn't. Let's just hope that tonight could potentially fix all of that.

Nothing like a slow dance that can't fix a messed up relationship. Let's just see what the night holds.

"Okay guys what do we think?" Claire says as she walks out of my closet. We all did our makeup and hair beforehand so we could show off our dresses one by one. She steps out in a baby blue floor length dress that I immediately fell in love with, it's beautiful, from the long tulle sleeves to the white flowers on the bodice. The entire room gasps.

"And you made this yourself! It's beautiful." Maddie exclaims. "Yep say hello to the first item for CIN Fashions aka Claire Ichika Nakamura Fashions." She pops her white pumps up behind her and goes to take a seat. It's a catchy title.

"Hunter is going to choke when he sees you." Chloe adds, standing up. "Okay my turn."

She hops into the closet with her dress bag. Chloe looks very different, especially in this dress, she looks absolutely hot though. She got rid of the purple streaks in her hair last month. She said they were too immature for her age. Now her navy blue dress compliments her skin and hair perfectly.