27

C A R T E R | the wrong girl

I felt a little disappointed when I got Sophia's text saying that she was going to be late. I decide to brush it off and try to have a good time. I've been hating parties lately so I try to force myself to have fun.

I was so shocked when I saw her today. She looked good, really good. The way her skirt accentuated her hips and showed off her ass just a little bit, teasing me. 

No. Stop thinking that stuff. She doesn't want to be with me. I gave up on asking her weeks ago. I guess I should just try to party.

"Carter, you look like you need a drink." Leo sneaks up on me. He hands me a red cup with vodka and a lime. I down the vodka and suck on the lime. I'm in the mood to get wasted tonight. I keep taking shots and various drinks, to the point where I can barely taste what I'm drinking.

My vision is slightly blurred but I know that I'm dancing, I just can't see with who. I do catch a glimpse of Chloe making out with a girl in the distance. Hunter is on top of a table with a few other people, dancing like a maniac. Leo is with a girl and she is grinding her ass against him. I have no idea what's going on but the person I'm dancing with wraps their arms around my neck. I smell a familiar perfume. Champagne and lavender.

The person wraps their arms around me and presses their lips onto mine. When I lift my head back I see the beach blonde hair of Eloise. Why did she dye her hair? I loved her strawberry blonde hair. I used to twirl it around my fingers when she would lie down next to me as we talked for hours.

Wait.

Eloise?

She laughs at my confused face. "Did you miss me babe?" Her high pitched voice is slurred by the alcohol too. 

"El, I haven't been your babe for a long time now." She stumbles onto me trying to kiss me. I'm ashamed to admit I let her. She shoves her tongue down my throat.

At this point I'm not in control of my own actions. She grinds her body up against mine to the music. I place my hands on her hips and she leans back onto me. 

"Carter, I've really missed you, I should've never broken up with you. I just want you all to myself." She places her finger on my chest before devouring me with her mouth again. She grabs my hand and leads me up the stairs.

What the hell am I doing? She practically yanks me into an empty bathroom before she's all over me. She kisses me sloppily, pressing her petite body onto the counter. I give in. She tugs on my hair causing me to let out a groan. Chloe is going to kill me for doing this.

I feel my phone buzz like 5 times in my pocket but I'm already undressing Eloise. She pulls off my shirt and I tug off her dress.

My brain screams, What the fuck are you doing, you idiot!!! My body doesn't stop though. After about ten minutes of drunken making out and groping someone bursts open the door.

"Oh, sorry." The voice says. I whip my head to the side. Sophia. Her eyes widen in horror, taking in the scene. Shit. Fuck. I hear a faint giggle escape Eloise's mouth. I push her off me as I see Sophia sprint out of the bathroom. God I'm such a fucking idiot. "Sophia, wait." I yell chasing after her.

I finally reached her on the front lawn. "Sophia, look I'm sorry."

She raises her eyebrows at me, confused mixed with anger. "What are you apologizing for, I'm not your girlfriend. We're not together." Her tone is unreadable.

"It meant nothing, I promise." I'm drunk, that's why I'm acting like this. 

"Carter, why the fuck are you apologizing, I could care less." That stings. She tries to walk away but I grab her wrist and pull her back. "Yeah, but you know I really like you and I have feelings for you so I just felt the need to explain myself."