21

S O P H I A | gavin what have you done?

Trigger Warning: Disscussions and themes of Rape and substance abuse

"Go with the tan pumps." Maddie says when I show them the shoes. "I like the white." Kia replies. We've already ruled out the black boots. I need Claire to break the tie. 

"Where the hell is Claire? It's been an hour." Maddie groans in frustration, and keeps texting her. I try calling her again.

"In the meantime you guys have to see my dress, because I love your dress Soph." Maddie goes into her duffel bag and pulls out her covered up dress.

It's a purple skin tight dress, with a metallic fabric. She pulls out a pair of gold sparkly heels. "Oh my god those are amazing." Kia gasps.

Ten minutes later, Claire busts open my bedroom door. Her eyes are bloodshot, she's definitely been crying, her hair is in a very messy bun, her sweater is falling off her shoulder. "Honey, what happened?" Maddie walks over to her, but she just starts crying. I relate. 

"I can't believe I let Anthony screw me over again." She sobs. Maddie asks what's wrong again.

"We've been hooking up all week but he's going to the dance with Alexa." Her back hits the closed door with a loud bang and she sinks into the floor. Maddie gasps. "Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry." Kia says as we all pick her up and hug her.

"Claire, honey, I warned you about this." Maddie sighs, kissing her on the top of her head. "I know, but there is so much there, the chemistry is great, he's so cute. He's constantly saying he loves me and that he's broken up with Alexa but he never has." She exclaims through tears.

She's so heartbroken right now, I almost tear up. I realize that there is more to this than I thought, he's manipulative and toxic. She continues rambling about Anthony and Alexa and it's escalating. 

"Breathe." I say when she starts to really freak out. I grab her shoulders, because she is having a full on panic attack now.

"Claire I want you to focus on everything that is black in this room and when you see each thing inhale and exhale." This is a trick I learned after many months of therapy. You focus on things that are a certain color and breathe. She starts to calm down a little, "See that's good." I say.

"I can't do this anymore, I have to end it, for real this time." Claire finally says after she calms down fully.

"Amen bitch." Maddie snaps her fingers. We all burst out laughing. Claire takes one more deep breath, "Alright, Gavin picking you up in four hours, Chase is picking me up in three let's start getting ready." Maddie says and we all get up.

I curl my hair and Claire twists strands of it together to meet in the back.

"Why aren't you going with Carter, I thought you guys were a thing, or something." Maddie breaks the silence and my concentration. I guess they are my closest friends by now. "Oh my god it was awful." They all lean in hungry for more of the drama.

"I just hate him." I was about to spill everything but how do I casually bring up that I was raped and Carter probably knows about it.

"I just think that Gavin and Carter are both bad, but Carter is worse." Maddie has said stuff like that before. I'm just glad that they are being kind of supportive, even though I'm not actually with Carter.

"He's actually really nice." I try to reassure them.

"Gavin or Carter?" Maddie snorts, a dangerous look of curiosity spread across her face.