02

C A R T E R | first crush

2 years ago...

"I'm telling you Hunter this is the girl of my dreams." I exclaim as we head out of school for the day. Sophomore year is almost over and I can't wait for summer.

"Who is?" Leo muses walking up behind us. I inhale looking at the gorgeous strawberry blond laughing with her friends. "Eloise Miller." I sigh, taking in her incredible features and her gorgeous body. The way her blue eyes sparkle in the sunlight when she smiles.

"I think I'm in love." I can't take my eyes off her which earns me a smack on the back of the head. "You're 16, are you that whipped?" Hunter says smacking me again.

"What was that for?"

"Eh your face was making me want to slap you." He starts but his eyes drift off to the people that pass us. "Hey Claire." He says but the black haired girl doesn't seem to hear him as she walks past him and up to her boyfriend.

She locks lips with Anthony Avery and I see Hunter visibly sink. "Hey man it's okay, you'll get her eventually." I put my hands on Hunter's shoulders. "How do you know that, she's been with Anthony for almost a year."

"Trust me I know." I add. "I wouldn't listen to Carter, he's pussy whipped." Leo laughs.

"Woah I haven't even asked her out yet." I put up my hands in defense.

"Hey has anyone seen Chloe?" Hunter suddenly changes the subject. I shrug but then I hear her. I mean how could you not.

"God Gavin you are such an asshole!" Chloe yells running out of an empty classroom with a very messy looking Gavin Parker. This catches the attention of everyone around them.

"Chloe I'm sorry, I-"

"No next time think before you sleep with another girl. Two other girls." She screams, hitting him with her backpack. Chloe is 5'2 of fire and Leo, Hunter, and I know that we don't have to defend her. She can hold her own.

"Look I'm sorry I was high and I didn't know. Plus we're just hooking up." Oh he's dead. Gavin was our friend but it just sort of fizzled out and we drifted apart.

"Hooking up? You literally asked to be exclusive last weekend at Collin's party." She yells and Gavin's eyes widen. "Shit Chloe I don't remember that." He runs a hand through his hair.

"Of course you don't because all you do is smoke weed and party." She lunges herself at him. "Oh shit I'm going in." Leo exclaims sprinting across the courtyard, grabbing her tiny body off of him.

"We're done Gavin. Go fuck yourself. Someone's going to have to." She screams as Leo drags her away.

"Let's go." Hunter quickly says when Leo comes over with a struggling Chloe. "Leo fucking let me go." She squirms but Leo looks unfazed as her legs kick his.

"I'll catch up with you, don't leave without me." I say to my friends and then run off before Eloise can leave. "Eloise wait up." When she flips around I immediately get mesmerized in her ocean blue eyes. "Oh hey Carter." Her voice is sweet and cute. Just like her.

"I was wondering if maybe you'd want to maybe go out sometime?" Wow I'm more nervous than I thought. She smirks. "Wow is the infamous Carter Marquez, conqueror of all women asking me out?"

"I mean yeah, I've kind of liked you for a while now." I feel more confident when I see the blush creeping up her cheeks. "Carter I'd love to." I can feel my eyes light up. "Awesome. I'll call you?"

"See you later." She plants a kiss on my cheek and struts away. I'm not even ashamed to check out her perky ass as she walks away. I get into the back seat of Leo's Jeep and sit down next to a pouting Chloe.

"Guess who got a date with Eloise." I smirk and they all turn towards me. "No way. Congrats man." Leo exclaims and I turn to Hunter expecting the same but he has an uneasy look on his face. "Hunter?" I ask.

"Look I just have an off feeling about her." He looks nervous. "And why is that?"

"It's Eloise Miller. She's rich, hot, popular. She parties." What's wrong with that?
"Why is that a problem?" I look at him through the rearview mirror. "You're my best friend Carter, and trust me when I say that she's going to screw you over." Where is this coming from?

"Relax everyone. Hunter you're just salty because you can't get a girlfriend." Chloe snaps, finally speaking. "Chlo are you okay?"

She shrugs impassively, "Whatever, he's an ass anyways."

"Wait so what happened?" I ask her. "He was making out with Megan Brown in the science lab just now. Even though he asked to be exclusive." I'm surprised at how calm Chloe is. "And you're okay?" I double check.

"Yes I'm fine Carter, I just need some weed." Hunter's ears perk up and he tosses her a bag. "Beach?" Leo proposes and we all agree.

✿✿✿

Author's Note:

Sorry it's short but they are going to get longer. This is a just a little insight into Carter's life.

I'm very excited for the next few chapters and I'm so excited for this to get started.

Vote and Comment pls.

Xoxo,

Lulu