15 - mint

Chapter Fifteen
ᴍɪɴᴛ

Nora and Klaus separated ways shortly after their morning, Naomi going to check on Caroline as it was her birthday

Nora and Klaus separated ways shortly after their morning, Naomi going to check on Caroline as it was her birthday. The huntress was hoping Caroline wouldn't be cross with her, considering Nora hadn't done anything too drastic towards her. Meanwhile, Klaus went to some charity event at the Lockwood mansion.

He had rolled his eyes when Nora denied his request to join him on behalf of Caroline and not liking large groups.

"Caroline," Nora whispered from right behind the blonde who was sitting at the Mystic Grill bar. Caroline whirled around and slightly leaned back onto the counter. She put a hand to her chest in relief when she saw it was only Nora. "So sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Caroline only glared at Nora while she took a seat. "What are you doing here?" Caroline asked, taking a sip of what smelled like vodka. Nora inwardly rolled her eyes at the question.

"It's your birthday is it not?" The Huntress called over a bartender, ordering a scotch. Caroline hadn't answered, leaving them in an awkward silence. "There's a problem, out with it."

One of the happiest people Nora-Naomi knew was sitting in a bar, alone on her birthday. Maybe that was the issue.

She sighed, tracing the rim of her cup. "Me telling you this changes nothing, I'm still pissed at you for letting Klaus hurt Elena." She gave a stern look to which Nora nodded. They would be in for a hell of a surprise when they found out she and Klaus were dating.

"I don't want to celebrate my birthday when I'm dead. It's pointless, I don't age so why keep track." Caroline murmured as she kept her eyes on the bar.

The bartender came and handed Nora her drink. "I think... that you are destined for great things. I'm 305, meaning I'm strong. Age for a vampire is way more valuable," Nora spoke sincerely. "As vampires, we get to see cities rise and fall, we get to see history unfold right before our eyes... it isn't all that bad, Caroline."

The young vampire gave Nora a surprised look, making her shrug, "you get wise in time. I am smart enough to see that you," she pointed to the blonde, "are going to do great things."

Nora finished her drink and put a hundred down on the table. "Happy birthday, Caroline. I do hope it's a great one."

The huntress left the bar, not noticing the hooded feminine figure watching the interaction from across the bar.

| Reputation |

Nora went home. She wanted to make some more arrows as her current ones were embedded into trees. Nora was only laying down a towel to collect the shavings when Klaus walked in. "Hello, Beautiful," He said, taking his jacket off.

He didn't know it but he was wearing her favorite shirt of his, a white Henley. "Hey, Lovey. Fun at the council meeting?" She gave a knowing smirk, she could tell it went bad by the look on his face.

The hybrid sighed, shaking his head, "You don't even know the half of it." He then glanced down to the towel on the floor as he made his way over to her, "What's this?"

Nora stood, looking over the towel and sheet of wood on the floor. "I'm carving arrows. I'll clean it up when I'm done," she explained.

"Don't worry about it," Klaus brushed off her concern. "I've heard all of the rumors around your mint green arrows. The 'H' stands for huntress, correct?"

Is it bad she has an M.O? She would backward arrows in victims, the arrowhead not embedded into the body but instead the feather.

Elijah had always said the Huntress reminded him of Niklaus. The reputation, unnecessary murder, believed to be a myth. It led Klaus to be kinda obsessed with her. He had basically studied every crime scene she left behind. Though anytime he would go to where she was, she would be gone, and all he wanted was to meet her.

Nora shook her head at his question, silently wondering why he knew that. He'd never been close enough to her arrows, or had he? "Hiraeth, a longing to be home. I was really lost back then, still am really."

Klaus finally pulled her in for a kiss and she smiled into it, "I've been waiting for that since you walked in the door. I was about three seconds away from pouncing on you."

Klaus laughed, "I wouldn't have minded," he then gestured down to her station on the floor, "mind if I join?"

Nora gave a curious look but nodded. Then she watched as Klaus walked off. He quickly returned though, with a blank canvas, paints, and a couple of paintbrushes. He set the canvas on the ground across from her station.

She quietly laughed and sat down as well, beginning her first arrowhead. While Klaus began painting her.

She listened as Klaus told her about how crazy Stefan had been and Klaus listened as she told him more about Breech and Emery.

| Reputation |

As Klaus woke to Nora running her hands through his hair, he made it official that waking up to her was the best thing to ever happen to him.

"Come on, lovey. The moon just rose."

Klaus fell asleep on the floor, and Nora had carried him to the couch. Now, she was pulling him by his arm out the front door, some clothes in her hand.

"Love, where are we going?" Klaus asked, wiping his eyes. Nora didn't answer his question, giving a small smirk.

After a few minutes of him asking questions and being ignored, they arrived at a lake, deep within the forest. Even Klaus didn't know it was there.

The full moon reflected off the still water perfectly, and Nora smirked excitedly at him.

The Huntress started taking off her clothes, waking Klaus up fully. She threw him a pair of shorts, "I figured you wouldn't want to get your jeans wet."

Klaus smiled at her, continuing to shamelessly watch her change, switching his out of his outfit as well.

Nora stood on the edge of the lake and gestured for Klaus to come closer. She kissed him, right before she threw him into the water, not giving him enough time to react.

"Nora!" He shouted, shaking the water from his hair. He playfully scowled at her.

"Your face was priceless!" She laughed, jumping backward as Klaus splashed water at her.

Nora got in as well and Klaus quickly pulled her to him, "Apologize," he demanded.

She smiled, shaking her head. "Never," Nora whispered. Klaus shook his head in faux disappointment and dunked her under, laughing and smiling with his lover.