18 - common misconception

Chapter Eighteen
Cᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ Mɪsᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴ

"Come on, I have a surprise for you," Klaus whispered in Nora's ear, walking with her out of the ballroom

"Come on, I have a surprise for you," Klaus whispered in Nora's ear, walking with her out of the ballroom. His mother had said they had to attend, not stay.

"Now I feel bad, I don't have a surprise for you," she mumbled.

"I don't want anything in return, Beautiful."

Nora followed behind Klaus as he led her down a corridor she had never been down before. He stopped in front of a dark brown door, "I know you don't like people very much, and sometimes you just want to be left alone," Klaus began as he fumbled with his hands. The way he was nervous made Nora more curious.

"And I thought you would like your own space." Klaus glanced at her once more before slowly turning the door knob. He held the door for Nora, gesturing inside and her breath caught in her throat.

An island sat in the middle of the vast room. The black countertop had mint green LED lights underneath the lip, giving the room a green hue. ( not trying to steal from Arrow, I just like green and Nora likes bows. )

The walls had bow holsters mounted to them, holding Nora's two favorite bows that up until now were kept in the back of Klaus' closet. Magnetic strips were on the walls, holding multiple knives and her quivers were hanging alongside her bows.

Bar stools sat around the island, and there was a window seat on the left wall, a beautiful view of the surrounding Forrest. The right wall was empty, leaving room for a projector to be set there.

Also a mini fridge, beanbag chairs, a single bookshelf, and target boards.

"I just finished it this morning," Klaus spoke, drawing her out of bafflement. "If you don't—"

She cut him off with a meaningful kiss, "This is literal perfection, you are literal perfection," Nora said as pulled back, smiling when Klaus whined at the loss of contact. She ran her thumb along his lip, glancing around the room again. "Thank you, lovey," she said sincerely, Australian accent thick.

"I love it when you call me that," Klaus whispered as he moved to push Nora up against a wall. He peppered a kiss to her lips before trailing down her neck. "Tell me, did you call Enzo that too?" he asked way too innocently, nibbling slightly on Nora's shoulder.

Nora bit back a smile, "You've been on a jealous streak today, and I love it. Just as I love you."

Another kiss was placed on Nora's neck and Klaus' breathing got a bit heavier as he heard her blood pumping. Nora sensed his restraint and gently tugged his chin, "Go ahead, I know you want to. I just want to see your handsome face," Nora urged, loving his hybrid face. Klaus immediately shook his head, trying to step away from her.