10 - thorns of warlocks

Chapter Ten
ᴛʜᴏʀɴs ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀʟᴏᴄᴋs

When Nora awoke she was no longer in the car

When Nora awoke she was no longer in the car. She opened her eyes to find she was in a hotel room. Looking around, she saw it empty. There was a door on the far wall, that was slightly cracked. "Klaus?" In an instant, Klaus sped into the room.

Yes, he had spent the past twenty minutes pacing in the next room over. She had been sleeping for eighteen plus hours and had not woken up when he carried her to her room. Klaus was on the verge of waking her himself.

"Good evening, beautiful. You've been out for quite some time." Klaus said as he closed the door he had just come through. "Here." He handed her a change of clothes. Just a t-shirt and jeans.

"Thanks." She rubbed her forehead, as the pain had not subsided. She knew it was Breech's early warning system but Klaus had already made it clear she wasn't going anywhere.

"What's wrong, love?"

"Where are we? And how long have I been asleep?" She acted as if she hadn't heard his question and asked her own.

"We just arrived in Kansas an hour ago. Eighteen hours away." Klaus answered. He walked over and opened the window. She shielded her eyes, making him laugh. "Now, what's the matter." Klaus was now standing in front of her. He placed a finger on her chin.

"Just my warlock friend being a pain in my ass. You might finally get to meet him." Nora mocked excitement.

"Why is that?"

Nora sighed and pulled herself up against the headboard. "It's Bree's early warning system; flashes of him in my head, pounding headache." She gestured to her head vaguely. "I won't be too worried until my bracelet starts to burn. That's just a cue to get away from wherever the hell you are."

"Why does Breech want you home so badly? Are you his misses?" Klaus asked, not subtly at all. His gaze locked on hers.

"No. Not his missus." She shook her head, holding back a laugh. "Emery is the real person who wants me home, Breech is just the messenger." She ignored Klaus' confused look and grabbed the clothes he had given her and headed for the bathroom.

Ten minutes later she returned to find Klaus waiting for her on the bed. "Who is Emery?" He looked up at her and watched as she started tugging on the hem of her shirt. She had hoped he forgot about it while she was in the shower.

"She isn't important."

"You wouldn't be avoiding the subject if she wasn't important." He shook his head and caught her gaze. "Who is she?"

Nora was hesitant to trust him, but the look in his eyes was telling her all she needed to know. "Breech's adoptive kid. She's an adult now but has got some abandonment issues. I keep telling her loneliness comes with immortality, but she hasn't quite caught on yet." Klaus only hummed in response to her revelation.