5 - forbidden expectations

Chapter Five
ғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Chapter Fiveғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

"Nora, wake up, we're here." Klaus shook her gently. She groaned, slightly swatting his hand as she groggily looked around for Stefan. Klaus picked up on this, "Stefan is waiting out back. Just follow my lead, alright?" He pulled her out of the car and she nodded.

Klaus grabbed her by the arm, then vamp sped them into a woman's driveway. A blonde who had been searching for her pet was startled by the sudden appearance of the two vampires.

"I am so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you." He spoke with a faux American accent. You would think a thousand-year-old vampire, surrounded by Americans, would be better at it.

"Can I help you?" The woman glanced back and forth between Nora and Klaus. Nora gave an awkward wave. He nodded, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. My girlfriend and I, we've been walking forever. This is the first house we've come to. Can we use your phone?"

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She asked. Nora sighed, getting irritated with the questions. All she wanted to do was return to sleep.

"Yeah, uh," Nora patted his pocket where his phone would be, making him tense. She smirked at the way he moved away from her hand. "Battery died."

"Look I promise I'm not a serial killer, I just want to use your phone," Klaus reassured, but the woman still looked hesitant.

Nora thought this was talking too long, so she grabbed her by the neck. "Just invite us in," she compelled. Klaus chuckled.

"And I thought I had a temper."

Nora walked in, holding the blonde by her neck. In the kitchen was another girl cooking. "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air condition."

"I bet it did," Nora said, scaring the new girl. "Now there's no reason to be scared. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here."

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly," she says, taking her hand off the pot.

"Surely he makes it home once a month." Both girls' breath hitched upon hearing once a month, and the reaction didn't go unnoticed.

"That's what I thought," Klaus said. "Where is he now?" The girl just stared at him, making Nora a bit more mad than she already was. She rolled her eyes.

"Today, please," Nora added, hoping it would get her an answer, but the girl just ran off.

"I love it when they run." Klaus smiled, following her out. She reached her back door, only to be met with Stefan just outside the threshold. He flashes his fangs, and she stumbles back.

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border." The girl finally relented, making Nora smile. And Klaus watched, loving to see her smile.

In the few months they spent together, he found himself smiling when she entered the room he was in. She just had this odd warmth to her and he liked being in her presence.