28 - ruin

Chapter Twenty Eight
ʀᴜɪɴ

*I'm begging you all for comments

*I'm begging you all for comments. I love them sm

Five weeks later

She had heard the moans before she even turned her car off. She'd recognize his moans anywhere.

She figured the woman was Hayley, the werewolf Klaus had been prying for information all day while Nora was out with Caroline. Hayley had been considered a friend, certainly that title no longer applies. The boyfriend title as well.

Klaus usually listened for her engine, meeting her at the door in a poorly contained excitement, and she hoped the engine would be enough to make them stop.

Sadly, it wasn't.

She cut the engine, roughly banging on the steering wheel, "Dammit!"

She figured he deserved an interruption, and she an explanation.

The door to her bedroom was open, most likely by Klaus in his haste to sleep with someone who wasn't her. And yet as she stood in the doorway with his back to her, she still hadn't been heard. Not when she closed the front door, stomped the stairs( dramatically, just in case the front door wasn't heard) though he certainly heard her voice.

"This is a surprising turn of events."

Klaus froze momentarily, before putting clothes on as fast as he could.

"Don't let me stop you. You're single now, do whatever you please."

She made eye contact with Hayley first, she looked embarrassed as she dressed. Anger flared in Nora with how the werewolf didn't even look sorry. "Get the hell out of my house," she growled.

"Love, let me explain I..." Klaus began frantically, watching as Hayley hurriedly left. When he broke off she looked up at him, and immediately understood.

He didn't have an explanation.

She cursed him for still being able to look beautiful as he committed the worse betrayal possible. His face and neck are tinted red, but whether it was from his infidelity or fear of losing her, she didn't know.

"It was a mistake, my love. I got lost in the moment and I swear it will never happen again. I'm sorry, Nora, so, so sorry." He tried reaching for her but she stepped away, a distraught look on her face, a huge step from the feigned amusement mere moments ago. That was just to avoid pity from Hayley.