24 - without me

Chapter Twenty-Four
ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ

As soon as she stepped into their bedroom, she knew it was a bad idea

As soon as she stepped into their bedroom, she knew it was a bad idea. His scent was euphoric, and it was everywhere. It felt good to be reminded of him... until it didn't.

He's dead.

She couldn't quite bring herself to cry, it would make it all too real and the idea of this being a dream was much better.

So instead she slid down the wall, staring absentmindedly, reminiscing about the last time she sat in this spot.

"Are you sure you don't want to sit on the bed? It's more comfortable and holds sweet memories," Klaus said as he looked over his shoulder.

He had taken to painting the crowded streets of New Orleans, the most beautiful woman in the world standing in the center. All the other faces were blurred, fading into the background.

The painting had been hung on one of the walls in her mint room, now it was in a box, waiting for Klaus to bring it to its new location. Only, now he couldn't. 

Nora shook her head, gently tapping a pattern onto the floor with an arrowhead. "If that was some innuendo to get me back into bed, I'm afraid it's failed," Nora replied, giving a slight grin when he pouted falsely. 

Klaus set his paintbrush down and moved to sit beside her. "I'd be more than happy to take you on the floor," he whispered silkily into her ear. When she turned to him with a grin, clearly excited, he abruptly stood and returned to painting.

"But if you'd rather sit..." he trailed off, shrugging. 

She heard the commotion coming from downstairs, and she was extremely tempted to completely ignore it.

The only people it could be was Rebekah, and Nora was still pissed with her, or Elijah.

Nora had no desire to talk to him.

But when she heard unfamiliar voices, she stood, vamp-speeding down the stairs.

Rebekah was laying on her back, grey veins all over her face.

It reminded Nora of how she last saw Klaus.

Men in black busted through the door, armed with guns, and Nora grabbed the first one by the neck, pinning him to the wall.

Her fangs dropped as she spoke, "I'm been itching to kill all day. Do you think you'll like the taste of your own blood as you gurgle on it?"