9 - one wrong turn

Chapter Nine
ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴜʀɴ

"Is there really a reason for me to be there? Surely you can kill the Lockwood boy without me

"Is there really a reason for me to be there? Surely you can kill the Lockwood boy without me." Nora asked Klaus. He gave her an expectant look making her sigh. "I don't mean to stomp on your plans, but I have a friend who's pretty pissed at me and is making it clear that he wants me home." 

Breech, a warlock Nora had been living with, was being pushy on her return. Although, in his defense, she had said she'd be gone for a couple of months, not almost a year.

"I could not care less what your friend thinks of your whereabouts," Klaus said with a pinch of jealousy. She had said 'he'.

"Well, you should. He could probably kick your ass." She laughed, glancing at the welcome to mystic falls sign. "Pretty strong warlock he is."

Klaus gave a sarcastic laugh. "You think a witch could beat me?" He looked to see her smiling, and shaking her head. The sunlight showed her freckles that he had only seen once before. They came right underneath her eyes, avoiding the bridge of her nose and magnifying her beauty.

"I said warlock, not witch." He was about to interject but she continued. "No, witches and warlocks aren't the same. It's a long story, one that's not really mine to tell. I would say ask him... but he's not exactly a fan of you. Which is why he's being ignored."

"Not many people like me, but you do, yes?" He gave a mix of a smirk but he held hope in his eyes.

"I guess." She shrugged, tapping on her leg. "I've got no reason not to as of yet."

Klaus smiled. "Do you trust me?"

"I've got no reason not to as of yet." She repeated and Klaus' smile only widened. He turned one more corner and they saw the Mystic Falls High School. Putting the car in park, the two vampires opened the back door to reveal an unconscious Stefan and an irritated-looking Rebekah.

"Hey, Bex." Nora waved. Rebekah only rolled her eyes and pushed past Nora, jumping out of the truck.

"Ouch," Klaus whispered, slightly laughing.

"Shut up, Klaus." Nora hit his arm and turned to pull the door of the truck closed. She then moved to sit and lean against it, while Klaus sat on Kol's coffin. The huntress definitely thought that sitting on your brother's coffin was rude, but this was Klaus she was talking about.

Nora gave Stefan a kick and as if on cue Stefan shot up, looking around. "Just give me a chance to explain myself." He pleaded with an extended hand.

"No need. I'm not mad, just curious." Klaus reassured with a malicious smile. "Rebekah seems to think you're holding on to something. A piece of your old life."

"What sucks about that..." Nora started, making Stefan snap his head to her, sitting up more. "Is that her instincts are pretty spot on."

"So I thought, I would check out what Elena has been up to. See what you've been hiding all these months." Klaus said, giving Nora the go-ahead. She pulled the truck door open, watching as Stefan shielded the light from his eyes.