19 - wash day

Chapter Nineteen
Wᴀsʜ Dᴀʏ

Nora awoke about an hour later

Nora awoke about an hour later. Her head was pounding and the last thing she could remember was Finn snapping her neck. Opening her eyes, she saw Klaus looking a little pissed, but mainly concerned.

"Are you ok? I was so worried," Klaus asked. His loud voice did nothing to soothe her headache. Nora ignored his question, feeling the familiar itch in her throat.

"I need blood," Nora whispered pushing her frizzed hair out of her face. She tried to get up, but Klaus gently pushed her back down. He handed her a blood bag, watching as she fed with haste.

"Feeling better?"

She nodded, just now realizing she was in her and Klaus' shared bedroom. "What happened?"

The look of anger returned to Klaus' face. "My mother tried to kill me and my siblings using the magic from your bracelet. The bracelet that I didn't know had that much magic," he stated, his tone passive-aggressive. "Everybody left, except Rebekah. Turns out there's more white oak. Oh, and I met Emery. She looks an awful lot like you."

Nora's eyes widened for a millisecond, "Klaus-"

He cut her off, "I'm not mad, beautiful. A little hurt that Kol knew and I didn't. But I could never be mad at you."

"Klaus, whatever she said was a lie. She's been out to get me since we were kids," Nora explained, watching Klaus intently. How he was feeling wasn't displayed on his face and it was making the huntress anxious. "What did she do?"

Klaus looked at Nora's hands, "Nothing too serious. Don't worry." Nora leaned back onto the bed in relief. "She did say something, though. Your bracelet, it gives you strength? She pinned me to a wall and completely overpowered me."

By the tone of his voice, Nora could tell he didn't like that. "Kinda," she tilted her head slightly, trying to find the best way to explain. "It's got an on and off switch. I never had reason to use it."

Klaus hummed. "Why didn't you tell me that you could be stronger than me? That you've got a twin sister, who is very good at impersonating, out to kill you."

Nora shook her head, "She wouldn't have let Esther kill me. I'm still her sister. I didn't think she would come so soon. I would have told you, she's just a touchy subject. I'm sorry."

He nodded as he moved to pick her up, catching her by surprise. "Let's get you cleaned up," he said.

"Klaus! Put me down." He looked at her dumbfounded as he carried her to the bathroom. After sitting her on the sink, he turned on the shower. "I don't need help showering, Lovey. I can do it myself."