17 - dark yesterdays

Chapter Seventeen
Dᴀʀᴋ Yᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏs

"Naomi, please," Rebekah begged, as Nora shook her head

"Naomi, please," Rebekah begged, as Nora shook her head. Most of the Mikaelson siblings were all sitting in the living room getting ready for the ball that Esther wanted to throw. Nora was over parties, especially after last night, but Klaus practically begged her to come. That was right before he started ignoring her. She didn't know what she did but had a gut feeling it had something to do with Kol.

"No. When have you ever seen me with nails painted," Nora deadpanned, not looking up from her phone. Apparently, when Rebekah 'forgave' Klaus she forgave Nora too, leading to her being pestered about her nails.

Kol, who was getting suited spoke, "Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am."

Rebekah gave a sly smile, "Oh, Kol, you know I can't be compelled." Finn and Nora bit back smiles, and Elijah looked amused between the two.

Then, Klaus burst through the door, angry glare and all. "You went after Elena?" he asked, taking threatening steps towards Rebekah, not even sparing Nora a glance. "What is wrong with you."

"Here we go," Rebekah mumbled.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

Kol quickly interrupted, "Again with the dagger threats, don't you have any other tricks?" Nora glanced excitedly between the two.

Klaus looked over his shoulder, "Go back to staring at yourself."

Kol squinted at him, almost in disbelief, "And who are you, my father?"

"No, Kol, but you're in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside," Kol offered. Klaus only stared at him, a silent battle of dominance.

"Enough!" Esther said, scaring the hell out of Nora. She hadn't heard her come in. "Niklaus, come." She nodded her head and walked away. Klaus stared a Kol for a more moments before letting his gaze flick to Nora. She tried to smile at him but before she could even finish it his gaze fell to the floor and he turned his back to her.

| Reputation |

"Klaus, what's wrong?" Nora asked. He sat on his bed, aggressively staring at the floor. His suit was halfway on, as the ball started in fifteen minutes. Nora decided she would get ready once her boyfriend wasn't mad at her. She shut the door behind her and leaned against it.

When he didn't reply, she continued. "How can I make up whatever I did?"

No reply.

"You've got to talk to me so I can fix it," Nora whispered. She moved to crouch down in front of Klaus, gently tugging his chin to look at her. She could see all the anger swirling in his gaze, a hint of jealousy as well. That only confirmed her suspicion that it had something to do with Kol.