45 | Hard To Believe

4459 words

"What the hell was that for?"

"I doubt he was going to follow us willingly," Savannah explained to a shocked Talei. "So to save time, I knocked him out."

"Is he dead?" Talei asked while struggling to hold Tony up before shoving his limp, pudgy body away from her.

"Oh, please. You've never seen Zion do this kind of thing?" Savannah wrapped her arms around his midsection and threw him over her shoulder, then proceeded to carry him back towards his car.

"Yeah, but that was with wimpy Alphas. Who knows what permanent damage it might cause to a human." She scrunched up her nose while emphasizing the word like it was something nasty.

"He'll be fine," Savannah assured while stuffing him into the backseat of his car. Sliding into the driver's side, she wiped fried chicken grease from the steering wheel before driving them all towards their house.

Good news! Cale mindlinked her as they got close. We found footage of Tas and Chayton in a city not far from here.

Great! she replied. We've got a surprise for you all, too.

After dragging the unconscious cop inside the house, they managed to calm a panicking Niko and a hysterical Darek.

"What were you thinking? He's a cop! Do you know the type of trouble we could get for this?" Niko tugged on his hair, pacing the living room while staring at a snoring Tony with concern.

"Hey, he wanted our help in catching the silver rogue, so I just went one step further and brought him here so we can do this on our terms. He'll be fine once he wakes up." Savannah tried reassuring them all.

"I'm glad you did," Darek grinned mischievously as he sat on a chair opposite Tony, staring at the detective like an unblinking cat. "This guy has been on my trail for months. He thinks I'm involved in illegal imports and reselling computer parts on the black market."

Talei lifted an eyebrow suspiciously. "Are you?"

"Yeah, but that's beside the point."

"Oh goodness," Cale groaned, hanging his head and rubbing his forehead. "We're doomed. Why is everyone around me acting like idiots?"

"Hey, I beg to disagree." Savannah crossed her arms and glared at her Gamma.

"Says the one who knocked out a cop." Talei motioned to Tony who was still unconscious on the couch.

"And like you didn't just proposition him in the alley—"

"You what?!" Niko bellowed, his eyes bugging as he glared at the rogue showolf.

"You have a problem with that after what we just used the satellite for?" Darek asked him, chuckling with a secretive shake of his head.

Savannah looked between them with exasperation until Cale filled her in.

"I found these two perving on some women sunbathing on a beach. The surveillance cameras take extremely clear pictures, if you know what I mean."

Savannah held up her hand for him to stop. "I don't think I want to know any more."

"Darek was the one spying on the women. I was monitoring a shady guy selling ice cream along the boardwalk," Niko defended himself. "I recognise him from somewhere. Maybe in a drug deal we busted a few years back."

"Whatever." Savannah shook her head. "Let's just get back on topic. You said you found Tas and Chayton?"

"Yeah, in Kingston," Darek said.