23 | Moon Rise

Zion's wolf finally makes an appearance in this chapter 😍😚

4878 words

"I am so dead."

"Relax. It's not that bad. Lots of people have compromising pictures taken of them," Niko said blandly, shrugging a shoulder as he tapped away on his laptop.

His words did little to calm Savannah. "But you don't get it! My parents are gonna be so mad. They're gonna freak, and be so devastated, and never wish to see me again!"

"Stop being so dramatic!" Talei exclaimed as she guzzled a glass of water. She and Willow had just gotten back from a jog around the block, and were cooling down while watching Savannah's theatrics.

"How can I not be dramatic? Have you seen these pictures? And Lord Alistair has them..." Savannah tugged on her hair, nearly pulling it all out as she stared at her phone.

Willow grabbed her phone, then promptly laughed at the photo. "Girl, I've had way worse shots of me plastered all over social media."

"Like that time at JJ's you thought it would be a good idea to skateboard on his roof in a mini skirt? Then you fell off into the neighbour's garden and their security cameras got the whole thing on tape!" Talei cracked up laughing at the memory.

"Goodness, don't remind me. I looked like a total furball. These are so much more flattering."

"Yeah, this is actually hot," Talei leaned in to study the photo of Savannah more closely. "I can totally see it making magazine covers, and--"

"You girls are not helping! You're already rogues with terrible reputations, but I'm a responsible Alpha, who is supposed to be good, and a role model for my pack members, and people are meant to look up to me, and I can't believe they're gonna see me looking like a slut at some frat party," she finally stopped to take a deep breath, gasping for air as she began hyperventilating.

"Done!" Niko pumped his fists in the air. "All deleted. You're welcome," he smirked at the panting Alpha, cracking his knuckles and slamming his laptop lid shut.

The sudden sound made her jump a mile and almost fall off her chair. Zion laid a hand on the back of her neck, his touch instantly calming her a little. She felt herself relax, but it wasn't enough to stop the snakes churning like a cement truck in her stomach.

"One question," Talei tapped her chin thoughtfully while still looking at the picture on Savannah's phone. "Did this lord council guy recognise Zion?"

The question made Savannah grimace. "No, I don't think so. At least, I hope not." Sighing, she dropped her head in her hands. "He seemed to think it was just some random guy. Like I would make out with a complete stranger!" She made a gagging sound in her throat. "Is that how little he thinks of me?"

While Savannah continued wallowing in her misery, Willow shared a concerned look with the others. "What exactly did he want out of sending these to you? Clearly, he asked for something."

Taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly before answering, Savannah sounded defeated. "He said he'd expose me to the entire council if I didn't turn over all information about the Silver Rogue by next week. He basically reprimanded me for partying instead of doing my duty. Which, I guess, is true in a sense..." she groaned again.

"So he's blackmailing you?"

"He's doing his job," Savannah could only shrug.

"Why are you defending this guy? He's a creep, that's what he is."

"Yeah, he's probably staring at your photos for his own sick enjoyment."

Zion gave a low, aggressive growl as he paced back and forth behind Savannah, never moving too far from her.