Chapter 6: I Take a Swan Dive Off The Eiffel Tower

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

A/N: I nearly cried writing this chapter after rewatching the scene in the rain while listening to a twenty minute loop of the rain piano. 

We're so screwed

We're so screwed.

My eyes widen in horror as the huge Stonebeings start climbing up the Eiffel Tower on Stoneheart's command. Even though they're moving slowly, that doesn't make it any less scary. 

Cat Noir looks over the railing next to me and gasps. He turns around to look at us. "We're surrounded! What do we do? We can't attack him!"

Ladybug nods. "No. But we do know where the akuma is." She points to his right fist. 

"In his clenched fist," I finish. "The one's he's holding Mylene with. How do we get him to release her?"

Ladybug rests her chin on her hand. "We know he's in love with her so..." Her eyes widen. "That's it!" Her eyes sparkle with childish excitement. "We don't separate Stoneheart and Mylene. We bring then closer together. They're made for one another!" 

She grins. "They just don't know it yet! Follow me, lovebirds!"

"Don't call us-" I start. 

She jumps off the railing, throws her yo-yo at the tower, and hoists herself up to catch up with Stoneheart. 

Cat Noir looks at me, dumbfounded. "Sooooo...what's her plan?"

I shrug and cross my arms. "I don't know. She wasn't very clear on what we were going to do."

He puts his hands on his hips. "All I heard her say was Mylene and Stoneheart were 'made for each other.' That's not a lot to go off." 

"You're right. That's nothing to go off."

"Hey, you're the other smart girl in our trio. What do we do?"

"We head to the top of the tower and stop Stoneheart before his henchmen catch up to us. We save Mylene and Ivan before it's too late. For that to work, we have to..." 

I pause as I look out at the city, refusing to meet his eyes. "...Trust each other." 

Cat Noir notices my hesitation. He walks towards me and takes my hand. His thumb rubs against mine softly. "Hey, it's okay. Look at me, Makwa."