Chapter 21: I Don't Remember Street Fighter Being That Intense

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

A/N: never mind, this one is the longest chapter I've written.

Two Days Later...

November 2, 2015

Collège Françoise Dupont, Paris, France

11:55 a.m.

"Looks like we're gonna be here for a while."

Alya grins as she continues to record the carnage. "Hey, you gotta admit this is pretty cool. Don't you play video games?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I mean, I've played Mario Kart and the Lego Batman games with my dad on the Xbox before he..." 

I hesitate. My hands tightly clench into fists. My eyes drop to the floor, and I exhale a shaky breath.

After a few seconds, I regain my composure. "Anyways, I'm not really a gamer." I pull out volume thirteen of Ouran High School Host Club with a forced grin. "I'm a bookworm." 

As I shove the book back into my bag, I quickly ask, "Are you a gamer?"

Alya shakes her head. "Nah. I'd rather record it. Besides, watching Max and Adrien's robots fight against each other is like watching the Hero Trio go up against one of Hawk Moth's villains." Her eyes light up. "Imagine if they had a robot of their own! That would be so cool!" she squeals. 

I smile with a slight roll of my eyes. I wonder how long it would take for Cat Noir to destroy it.

I laugh. "Keep dreaming, Alya. We never know what could happen with the villains they keep fighting. I mean, who's to say they won't fight a Russian guy in a rhinoceros suit next?"

Alya raises an eyebrow at me. "You're weird sometimes."

The door opens behind me. Someone walks inside the library. I turn around and see a familiar head of black hair. 

"Hey, Marinette," I smile. 

"Hey, (Y/n)," she replies.

She leans her head over to look at Alya's phone. Her eyebrows raise when she sees Adrien and Max's robots fighting each other on the phone screen.