Chapter 20: The Story Of How The Imagination Movers Defeated A Slime Freak

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

A/N: Hey! First things first, I wanna give a huge shout out to my friend @jeansyisclowny for helping me write this chapter and make it more accurate since I don't know squat about costume designing. Thank you so much for your help! I couldn't have done it without you!

P.S., I just realized that this is the longest chapter I've ever written. 

2 Weeks Later...

October 31, 2015

Place du Châtelet, 75001, Adrien Agreste's Mansion, Paris, France

10:30 a.m.

Third Person P.O.V.

When the sun rose, the shattering of the glass could be heard throughout the entire mansion. When Adrien left for school, the smashing of the table inside the office confused him. All throughout the day, the agitated, frustrated grunts of Gabriel Agreste bounced off the walls. 

"How could they keep slipping out of my grasp?" he seethes, ripping a stack of papers. "I've sent villain after villain after them. I've turned half of Paris against one of their members! And they still escape me every time!"

Nooroo fidgets above his shoulder, unsure of what to say. He wants to step in, to tell him to not get so upset, to not open the door and take his anger out on his son, but he's wary of how he'll react. Of what he'll do to him. Of how severe his punishment will be this time.

Gabriel kicks his desk and collapses onto the floor. His chest heaves up and down with ragged, uneven breaths. He takes his glasses off and buries his face in his hand. 

Nooroo floats down to his level. "Master! Are you-"

"Don't touch me!" he shouts. His wild eyes seer through Nooroo's. "I don't need your lecturing."

He trembles. "I'm s-sorry, Master."

"What I need is a new strategy. My last few instances have been disasters. I've focused more on akumatizing adults instead of mere children to get to Makwa, and it's gotten me nowhere." 

He lifts his head up. "I need to target their weaknesses. Their nightmares. Their worst memories."

"What do you mean?" Nooroo asks cautiously. 

Gabriel stands up. "If I can use someone to use their fears against them, to feed off that terror, then I can confuse them in battle. Torture them. Break their minds. Leave them in anguish. That'll be enough to steal their miraculouses."

Nooroo's eyes widen. "Master, you can't! We don't even know if these superheroes are kids! That would traumatize them!"

Gabriel's head snaps up. "Did you just say they were kids?"

The butterfly feels his little heart drop. "N-no! That's not what I was implying! I was saying-"

A bloodthirsty sneer spreads across Gabriel's face. "Thank you very much, Nooroo. This information will prove to be extremely useful."