Chapter 8: Where's Cisco Ramon When You Need Him?

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

2 Days Later...

September 13, 2015

66 Avenue Victor Hugo, Paris, France

7:30 a.m.

"Boom bam, baby!" I shout triumphantly. 

I grin as I put the last strip of tape on the medium sized box, wrapped carefully with intricate care. I wasn't sure what his favorite color was, but to make it beautiful, I did pick out some colorful butterfly wrapping paper at the local Mélodies Graphiques. It was a little costly, but Mom decided to be nice when she heard what he did for me. 

"Very nice," Mom praises as she sips her hot chocolate before heading to the station. "You're not like your dad when it comes to wrapping gifts."

Mato crosses her tiny arms. "You can't walk straight for five minutes but you can wrap like a professional?"

I admire the gift with glee. "Yup. After years and years of volunteer work. Once you've wrapped 300 gifts in less than a week, your wrapping skills will better than The Beastie Boys." 

"What did you even get him, Kaiju?" Mom asks. "I know you got him that sweater and keychain from your guys' anime and the KFC gift card, but what else?"

"I just got him a card," I explain. 

"Hand drawn?"

I nod. "Yup. I wanted to be as creative as possible and save a bit of money. Since he's technically not my friend yet. But he's a good acquaintance."

Mom peers at me as she puts her mug in the sink. "If he's not your friend, then why bother getting him a gift? Did I waste my money on this kid?"

"No, it's because he's actually a really nice guy and not stuck up like I thought," I smile. "And I told you why, Mom. He bought me lunch and returned my ring. Even though I had to tell him what KFC was because he apparently never had it before." 

Mom raises an eyebrow. "I still think it was nice it paid for your lunch. Even though it was your treat." 

I scoff. "Yeah, it's called generosity. That's what classmates do. Besides-"

"Child, people who pay for your food after they ask you out aren't just a classmate." 

"He didn't ask me out!"

Then Mato whispers something into Mom's ear, causing them to look at me with huge grins. 

"What?" I ask, starting to panic.