Chapter 22: Dear Evil Knight, Don't Rig The Election

💜🐻💜

💖Thank you for reading my story! If you have any questions about my fanfic you want answered, drop them in the comments below! 💖

A/N: guess who's back, back again. 😏

Three words: college life sucks. I made this chapter long to make up for the lack of them for the last...ten months. 😅

Hey, shit's happened, alright?

Five Days Later...

November 7, 2015

66 Avenue Victor Hugo, Paris, France

2:02 a.m.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I'm not sure what woke me up. But I know it wasn't the urge to pee. 

Looking at my phone, I realize it's barely two a.m., the time Taylor Swift's always referring to in her music. The sun hasn't risen yet, casting the room in an eerie glow with the moonlight from my window illuminating the walls. When I sit up, I cough softly, realizing how dry my throat is and how much it's hurting to swallow. 

Being careful not to disturb the small sleeping bear on my pillow, I quietly reach over the side of my bed to grab my Hydro Flask. But when I lift it, I realize it's light. I shake it quietly and don't hear the usual swish of cold water. 

Sighing, I press my lips together in annoyance and sneak out of bed. Peeking down the hallway to make sure Mom or Michael Myers isn't lurking around the corner, I take my bottle and slowly creep to the kitchen. But before I can reach the fridge, I notice a dim light in Mom and Dad's room. 

My curiosity washes over me and I tiptoe like a cat towards the door that's slightly cracked open. When I set my Hydro Flask down and press my eye to the crack, I'm greeted with something weird. 

Newspapers thumbtacked to the wall, each of them detailing the akuma attacks on Paris. Color coded flashcards with notes on them, attached to articles and photos of Hawk Moth. Different dates that the attacks happened, all connected back to the newspaper about the...

About the incident with Dad.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. Something's up with Mom.

She paces back and forth in her room, looking through folders and furiously writing on more Post-It notes. She sticks them onto the walls, next to articles about Gamer and Timebreaker. 

Since she's muttering quietly to herself, I can barely make out her words. 

"...if these villains can steal the life force from people...could that thing have come back... could it have done the same to Tecumseh?"