C H A P T E R 03

03|How it all began.

"Get out! Freaking get out!"

I screamed out in my throw pillow in frustration. Mason was off to work and I was here sitting home alone doing absolutely nothing.

Actually, no. Not nothing.

I was desperately trying to get a certain pair of charcoal eyes out of my head. For some unkown reasons, I couldn't seem to get him out of my system.

It was like that arrogant jerk wasn't satisfied by firing me and now he was even haunting my dreams. Jerk!

I don't know what didn't let me sleep last night. His mocking face, the sense of defeat or both?

Mason on the other hand was more than exhilarated by the news. He never liked me working there. Maybe he was right. Maybe it was better not to spend majority of your day hours at a place packed with such atrocious people.

The soft ding dong of the door bell brought me out of my reverie. I wonder who it must me in the middle of the afternoon. We usually didn't have any visitors at any time of the day.

Curious as well as alert, I dragged myself to the main door. The wooden door flung open and I was greeted by a pair of honey colored eyes.

I stood there in utter surprise, staring at the unexpected visitor.

"Miss Andress." He greeted with his usual brusque tone and unkind face.

"Uh.. I.. I'm sorry. Please come in, Mr Rivera."

Can you not stutter for once, silly girl!

His eyes curiously roamed around the small house until they set at the almost empty tub of ice cream and the mess of pillows on the carpet and what not.

I quickly arranged them neatly and politely offered him a seat. "Can I get you something? Coffee or tea perhaps?"

"Let's get to the point, miss Andress. I'm here to ask you something."

"Um okay?" I took a seat opposite to him.

"I want you to join back." He proclaimed. "You have sixty seconds to tell me your decision."

All I did was stare at him with a blank face.

"What are you doing, Miss Andress?" he asked, slightly annoyed.

"Trying to find the ask in your statement."

"Forty seconds."

My eyes went wide. This guy was serious!

"I need a little more than sixty seconds," I gushed out like an express train.

"Thirty two."

"What about that douche of your boss?" I immediately regretted it. Thankfully he didn't seem to mind.