C H A P T E R 55

55 | Illicit Affairs

I'm so glad it's Saturday

Two months.

I was gone for two months and it felt like every damn thing changed in the company. If it wasn't for Oliver, the company would've crumbled down while I locked myself in my guilty conscience. I don't know how I'd pay him back. Actually, I know how.

Find the Visitant.

Keep his sister safe.

Get rid of the Raymond problem.

Easy right?

I exhale an exasperated breath, slamming shut my laptop. Maybe I should quit the work today. I just came home an hour ago. Closing my eyes, I laid back on my chair, allowing the stress to leave my body.

It must have been only a couple of minutes until the tranquility of night shattered with an ear piercing scream reaching all the way up to the study.

I sprang up from my chair, my hands instinctively drawing out the gun. That's when I noticed my hands were quivering out of fear.

Fear.

I never feel that.

But I was feeling that unknown stuff a lot these days. I was so fucking weak when it came to her.

It was Vittoria's petrified screams, originating from somewhere outside the house.

"Help! Someone please help me!"

I ran downstairs with all I had, simultaneously trying to figure out what was happening, trying to think straight. More importantly, how can any kind of danger enter this house? What have I kept all these men for?

I met a terrified Liam halfway down the stairs, frantically screaming orders to Travis.

"Let go! Someone help!" Her cries became louder.

"It's coming from near the pool." Liam stated, steadying his gun while I imitated his actions.

With a dangerously pounding heart and a crisp chill of adrenaline fused with horror, we dashed out to the pool area but stopped dead in our tracks the moment we reached there.

It was no longer fear.

It was clear blatant absolute unblended pure irritation!

"J'y crois pas! Merde!" I cursed, barely keeping myself from shooting these three idiots. (I don't believe it! Shit!)

"What are you waiting for? Shoot him." Vittoria squealed. "But shoot him in the leg."

"Alright folks, get going." Liam dismissed the guards who had run to her rescue.

Toby was lazed on a lounge chair with his hands covering his ears. That was in fact much needed to keep his eardrums from ripping apart. I'm sure Oliver was already deaf.