C H A P T E R 31

31 | I Promote Safe Driving!

My hands anxiously hit the green button on my phone

My hands anxiously hit the green button on my phone. It was Toby.

As crazy as it sounds, we made it. We were on our way back in a cab, of course to go unnoticed.

"Toby are you guys safe? Where have you been? We're trying to reach you since when." Oliver croaked. He was quite injured.

There was a brief pause on the line and then a sound was heard.

It wasn't Toby.

"I've got your brothers, Mr Grayson. Now listen to me carefully if you want them alive or else-"

"Keep them. I don't want them."

"What are you saying, Rafael! They're in danger. They're with Vittoria for heaven's sake! That girl is dictionary definition of danger." Oliver exclaimed.

"That's the hottest compliment I've ever received, grandpa." She chimed.

"Now! Here's my list of demands. I want a salary raise along with a promotion, preferably the CEO's position, then I want a customized black glitter handgun that matches with my new boots and most importantly I want the fridge to be stocked with ice cream at all times and-"

I hung up, suppressing my laughter but heavily failed when Oliver couldn't hold back his own.

Within the next ten minutes we were home. Oliver went away to his room to clean his wounds while I went hunting for those three precious idiots. They were nowhere to be found.

Did she really kidnap my brothers?

"Where are the others?" I asked one of the guards.

"They're in the backyard, boss."

Backyard, right.

I groaned in frustration. What were they up to now? I reluctantly strode away to the backyard and the sight that greeted me was... I don't know how to describe it.

"Surprise!" Toby and Vittoria jumped enthusiastically while Liam was seated there like a dead man.

There was a bonfire and freaking fairy lights!

"What is this?"

"We're celebrating our victory." They high fived.

"What am I seeing. This is great." Oliver joined us shortly.

Vittoria's smiling face transformed into a worried one taking in all the bandages wrapped over his arms and his head.

"Told you this one would look good on you muffin." He smiled, pointing at her black tee which was surprisingly of her size with Cherry Lips, Crystal Skies written over it.

"And I told you this one would look good on you grandpa." She pointed to his white tee and I instantly understood why she must've insisted on buying that shirt. It was the quote imprinted on it which read If I had a face like my best friend's, I'd sue my parents.