C H A P T E R 49

49 | New Life

"I know we're going up to the attic

"I know we're going up to the attic. I'm having an attic room. Now can I please take off this blindfold?" I urged for the umpteenth time.

"Stop using your mind, muffin. You're spoiling my surprise." Oliver whined.

"Fine! Then don't tell me if I topple down the stairs and miss training for the next hundred years. I can barely walk without falling even with my eyes open."

The light bulb clicked! I can pretend falling down and skip training for at least a week.

Oliver's training was not really training. It was a freaking torture camp!

It had been five days and all I've done is learn how to kill people like a pro. Hell, he even regulated my diet which goes without saying included all the so called healthy food that no one likes.

Two days ago I tried sneaking into the kitchen at 3 a.m. for some peanut butter cravings. Guess what? His sidekicks caught me and my punishment was doubling the jogging time.

I curse the guy who invented running. Why do you need to run? I might as well die.

"Here we are." I could hear the click of the lock as Oliver opened the door of my new room.

The smell of fresh paint and new furniture swirled through the air, elevating my excitement. He pulled off the blindfold from my eyes and ow mah gawd!

I was completely speechless.

"When did I die?" I mumbled in awe, turning to my brother.

"When did you die?" I asked him.

"Moreover? Why are we in heaven? I've killed a man with an alarm clock!"

"I'm considering you liked it." He grinned, showing off his pearl like teeth.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I LOVED IT!" I jumped on him like a lunatic. "Thank you so much, grandpa Ollie. You're the best!"

The room was pristine white like snow had blanketed the entirety of this large space. Sunlight impaling through the glass patch of the inclined roof added to the effect, making the room sparkle. I remember how pretty the starry sky looked at night from when I'd visited this place once with Liam.

I skittled towards the window, breathing in fresh morning air while savoring the view of the woods that stretch behind the mansion. There was a very aesthetic looking closet space and a reading nook near the window. I noticed he'd got all my collection of books I had back at home.

But there was something perched on the side table that carried more value than any of these swanky decorations. It was a photo frame with a picture of me and Mason.

"Oh Oliver, that's so sweet of you." I hugged him, holding the photo close to me. I had both my brothers with me.

Tears brimmed in my eyes but I blinked them back. I had decided I wasn't going to cry when I think of Mason. He was going to be a happy memory.