C H A P T E R 64

64 | How Dark Can It Get?

WARNING: SENSITIVE CONTENT

WARNING: SENSITIVE CONTENT. CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND RAPE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

*bang*

The dark walls resonated with the deafening ring of the gunshot.

Time stopped. I tried tearing my burning eyes away from the dead girl. I couldn't. Alvaro's chilling laughter filled up the room. He was enjoying my catastrophe.

The metal between my trembling fingers felt cold. As cold as my heart. The tremors increased with every declining breath of mine.

There was no strength left in me anymore. The gun in my hand felt heavy. It slipped away, dropping down to the rough floor. All this time just one question repeatedly tortured me.

How could I kill Camila?

2 HOURS BEFORE

A huge load of water splashed over me, causing me to jolt awake.

My eyes and nostrils burned as an effect and so did the wound on my forehead. Groaning, I tried getting up from the floor I was laying unconscious on but a heavy foot pressed over my neck, forcing me down again.

"Aah." I yelped, staring up at the person with brooding eyes. "Wait until I do that to you with my heels, you poop encrusted orangutan."

"Wow man, you really are something." The man remarked. I immediately recognized his annoying voice.

His face became faintly visible with moonlight washing through the scanty window of the dark room. My skin scrapped on the cemented floor when I tried moving away to ease the pressure of his foot. From my peripheral vision, I could see all kinds of torture equipments present in the room.

My hands were tied behind with a rough rope. I made an attempt to wiggle away from its grip and became aware of the pain shooting from my wrists, telling me this wasn't my very first attempt to do so.

I tried recalling what exactly happened and it came back in full force. My forehead wound caused me to go unconscious. Then I was thrusted into a car and brought here. I was blacked out for about thirty minutes or that's what I was told. Then Alvaro took to me a man.

That man.

I'm sold to him now. After that, they drugged me and I was out yet again for god knows how much time. Interesting fact is that I was sold for three million dollars if I remember it correctly. Yep, that's how much he was ready to pay just to satisfy his personal vendetta.

His dirty touch still lingered over my body, making me want to throw up but I forced the episode out of my head.

I need my mind working in its full capacity if I want to successfully escape from here. I trust Oliver but I can't just sit here and wait doing nothing.