C H A P T E R 28

28| The Wicked Game Of Trust

With a sense of foreboding, I waited for the receiver to answer

With a sense of foreboding, I waited for the receiver to answer. I was afraid of my cell phone slipping away from my trembling hands.

Just when I thought my call won't be answered, a concerned voice cracked through the line. "Vittoria?"

"Help me. Please help me. I don't know who else to call." I wonder if the quiver in my voice seeped through the phone.

"Vittoria, darling why are you crying? Are you okay?"

"I'm scared, Caleb. I don't know what's gonna happen to me." I croaked out.

"Listen to me Vittoria. Tell me exactly what's happening. Where are you?" He urged.

"These people are v-very dangerous Caleb. They aren't..they..they aren't who they seem to be. I'm afraid of them."

"Breathe, Vittoria! And tell me what's all this. You're scaring me. What people are you talking about? Rafael? He isn't treating you well?" He asked, worried.

"It's all lies. He..he isn't my boyfriend. They are very bad people Caleb." I cried. "They had kidnapped me to use me against Mason."

"What are you saying?" He gasped.

"Look Caleb I don't have much time. They'll kill me if they saw me talking to you. Listen carefully. Today evening, I'll somehow manage to reach my house at the excuse of seeing a doctor. I need your help to leave this country. Please help me. I beg you. I don't have anyone else." I pleaded.

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Thanks Caleb, really."

"Don't worry darling, I promise I won't let anyone harm you. I'm with you. Always."

With that, I hung up, flumping down the couch.

"Just a quick question. How will this loser keep his promise if I shot you right this instant?" Liam snarled.

"Really? No one's gonna talk about how frighteningly good an actress she is?" Toby interjected.

"How long has he been in love with you?" Liam asked, completely ignoring pretty much everything.

Talk about awkward situations.

"For the hundredth time Liam, he doesn't love me. He's like a brother to me."

"But you clearly aren't a sister to him." Rafael deadpanned. "He said he doesn't like you and you believed him. Have you always been blind to such plain and obvious facts Miss Andress?"

Has he lost it? He never said any such thing.

"Cut the crap you guys." Oliver snapped. "Do you think he believed you?"

"I think he did." I said, hoping it's true, no matter how much it hurt me.

"I don't understand how Caleb is involved with Esztar and what baffles me the most is how can he mistake you for Ava. He didn't recognize the girl he loved for years?" Oliver buried his head in his hands.