C H A P T E R 52

52 | How To Create A Weapon

2 MONTHS LATER

"What the fuck, Vittoria!" My brother's irked voice boomed in the huge space, the effects bearing close resemblance with an earthquake.

"Who died?" I asked monotonously, rubbing my eyes.

"My patience!"

"I'm sorry for your loss." I yawned and closed my eyes again but snapped them wide open when Oliver effortlessly hurled me back.

"What's your problem, grandpa Ollie? I was just sleeping." I shoved him.

"You were sleeping hugging the freaking punching bag!" He shouted. "I left you for ten minutes, Vittoria!"

"It's a Sunday for god sake! We never train on Sundays. Then one fine Sunday you drag me here and spoil my Sunday and then... I don't know... just Sunday Sunday Sunday! I want to sleep and have chocolates and pizzas someone save me from my Hitler of a brother pleaseeee." I pouted, trying to get some crocodile tears out.

He simply stared at me with a blank face, head cocked to the side and hands on his waist. "Are you done?"

"Yes."

"Can we resume?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now attack me." He ordered.

"What!" I exclaimed. "I may be pissed at you but I love you. What if I accidentally killed you?"

"Stop wasting time, Vittoria." He warned.

"You think I'm ready now?" I asked seriously.

Two months were beyond strict but full of learning. I learned to use weapons that I'd never even seen or heard before. Karate, judo, boxing and several other martial arts were checked off the list. Oh! And even fencing. I felt like an FBI agent now.

"I'm not surprised how quickly and impressively you learned all of it in such less time. But-" His phone rang, interrupting him. It was continuously ringing since morning. He twisted his face in annoyance, rejecting this one.

"But you won't get a catch of it until you actually fight. So come on. Fight me, little sister."

"As you wish big brother." I cracked my knuckles and charged at him.

Guess what.

I was on my ass before I could even land a punch at him.

He loomed over me, gesturing to get back up. "Fighting isn't all about what you do. It's also a lot about what your opponent does. Try reading his mind. Anticipate his moves."

I nodded briskly, giving it another try and another and yet another. The result was no different than the first attempt.

"I can't do this. I'm too tiny." I sagged down, dejected.