C H A P T E R 17

17| Club Inferno

"What in the world is this?" I enthused, taking in my surroundings

Rafael and I were standing here at the end of the narrow and steep stairs, encased in darkness. It was like a hidden passageway carrying us down to a huge basement.

I gave in right there. I hated basements. I readied myself for an instant panic attack but Rafael's hand around my waist weirdly threw away all the fear. He pushed a metal door which opened to a huge space bustling with men all dressed in expensive suits, smoking, drinking, snorting and overtly eating out the girls with them.

This was a place below club Inferno. It's like this is a club inside a club. Above us were the normal people and below here are all the criminals.

And the king of all criminals owned it—the one standing next to me.

As fancy as this sounds, but this was very dangerous. I was just an innocent financial analyst for god sake! What am I doing here?

Rafael suddenly tugged on the hem of my dress, pulling it down as if it will increase in length.

"What the hell are you doing Raf?" I pushed his hand away.

"Shouldn't have worn this damned red dress. It will attract trouble and I'm so not in mood to deal with extra problems today." He stood right in front me, facing me in a way that shields me from other's view.

"Ugh..not again." I inwardly grumble. There happened enough drama already regarding my dress. It was a simple sleeveless bodycon dress with square neck. That's it. I admit it was a little short but hey I'm not going to a church. Even the girls above were wearing lesser clothes than me.

Good thing Oliver didn't see me in this or else his grandpa side would come kicking he. He even called my graduate haircut a haircut gone wrong. *eye roll*

Something very important came up at the company but Rafael refused to leave us alone here so he instead asked Oliver to handle there while he's here.

"Fucking red dress." Rafael glared at me.

Can't he just get over it? "Are you color blind? It's crimson."

"It's the same."

"No it's not."

He nodded towards a man who seemed to be cursing someone at the other end of the phone. "Your target. You know what to do."

At least he's handsome. But not as much as this douche.

Rafael wrapped his fingers around my wrist and jerked me towards him. His charcoal eyes were blazing with rage. Heat emanated from his body in the form of anger as he eyed me with utmost authority.

Okay what did I do now?

"If he touches even an inch of you then you are going to be in more trouble than him, is that understood?" He warned through gritted teeth, not leaving his strong hold.