C H A P T E R 57

57 | Before The Storm

Oliver's worried form came into view up there at the main door, running down the stairs towards us

My eyes followed Rafael's quick move as he thrusted the folder inside one of the bags.

"This folder doesn't exist. And yes, you didn't see Liam arguing with me. Is that clear?" His voice was stern and eyes blazing with warning. His actions dared me to disobey him.

"Should I be worried, Rafael?" I quizzed.

"Not as long as you keep your mouth shut. I'm being serious here." He softened his gaze and stepped back seeing Oliver reach us.

"Oh my god!" Oliver cupped my face. "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

"Yes yes, I'm fine, thanks to Travis." I assured. "And my irritating teacher." I added with a smirk. "I think he'd be proud of me. I kicked their asses like a pro." I pumped my fist in the air which hit Rafael in the eye.

"Ouch!" He winced, pressing his free hand over his eye.

"Oops! Sorry!" I smiled sheepishly.

"Your irritating teacher has always been proud of you." He flicked my forehead. "Now go get changed. You stink of blood."

"Can you walk?" Rafael asked.

"I don't think so. There's a sprain in my ankle." I lied.

Rafael slid the two shopping bags in his wrist. He bent down, placing his hands under my knees and just like that the ground vanished below my feet.

Oliver who was now stressing himself on a call passed him the look. Rafael smirked back, further mocking him.

"Ohhh!" I dragged. "Someone's getting bold." I grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Someone's getting naughty." He reverted.

"Is that so?" I asked innocently.

"You can lie to the entire world but not me. I know your ankle is just fine." He winked.

The guards stationed at the main door watched us awkwardly and Jake who passed by us smirked, nodding at his boss.

Heat rose up to my cheeks and I hid my face in Rafael's chest, causing him to erupt a throaty chuckle. The things it did to my body!

"Uh Raf, you can put me down now." I said, embarrassed.

"Aww my señorita is shy?" He teased.

"Mr Grayson!"

"No I won't." He smiled, shaking his head stubbornly.

"Why are you so adamant?" I punched his chest.

"Why are you so sexy?" He kicked the door of my room open, let me down and closed it back.

"Thank you for your service Mr Mafia." I did a courtesy. "But I need to change."