C H A P T E R 40

40 | When You Love Too Much, When You Trust Too Much

"What do you mean by it's gone?"

What I got in return of my question was silence.

"Travis." I spoke with the last bit of patience in me. If it was any other man then he wouldn't have been breathing by now. "I asked you something."

"Boss t-the gold is gone." He craoked in pain.

That's it.

I lost it all. A loud howl erupted from within me and I knocked Travis to the ground. I'm going to destroy every damn thing around me. It will begin with this useless person and end with...

Well, it will end with Vittoria.

"Stop it Rafael." Toby pushed my hand carrying the gun. The shot was fired but he saved the bullet from hitting Travis.

"You've lost it Rafael. You can't go on killing people just to vent out your anger." Liam yelled.

"I-It was... It was the Visitant." Travis hissed, clutching his slightly bleeding leg. "A mob of unknown people swarmed the place. They killed a-all our men. They threw this on me before snatching the bag."

It was a small piece of copper embossed with the Shrouded Visitant's symbol.

That bastard!

Why am I not surprised. Luca and the other two always had their support. The rage inside me quadrupled hearing the news. Every single thing went wrong tonight. I don't care about the gold or the money.

But Vittoria. She fucking betrayed me. And now she's going to pay for it. I'll show her what happens when you defy me.

Determined, I advanced in the direction of my car. She must not be too far. Forget about Toby, Liam or Luca. Not even god himself will be able to save her from me.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Liam asked, terrified. He already knew the answer.

"Look we know what she's done is wrong. But you're not seeing beyond your rage right now. Don't do something you'll regret. If she wants to go then let her go." Toby pleaded.

"Have you all forgotten the rules? She has broken the Code. She's called it on herself." I screamed in complete aggression. What had she done to them? That evil enchantress.

"You two might have saved her as of now but that won't last long. Neither will I let it slide. Both of you will be punished as well. I promise you I'll torture her until she begs for her death and I'll make you two watch it." I yelled.

The flame inside my chest kept growing larger with every tick of the clock. I did every damn thing she asked me to. And this was how she repayed my favors.

"This is not you, Rafael. Please calm down and think clearly. You can't hurt her." Liam urged, pulling me back from my car.

"Is that so? May I ask why?" I shrugged off his grip. He stumbled back and I slid into the car.