C H A P T E R 37

37 | Shut Up In English!

"She's so wrong if she thinks she can escape so easily

"She's so wrong if she thinks she can escape so easily." I gritted my teeth.

The rug near her bed was somewhere on top of the side table, pillows were thrown here and there, her heels were tossed casually in two farthest end of the room, her laptop and a few papers were lying messily on her bed. Oh and the alarm clock was smashed on the floor.

Nothing unusual at all. (No sarcasm)

"Oliver, are you alive after seeing this?" Toby checked his pulse.

"Rafael, are you alive after seeing that?" Liam pointed a trembling finger at the mirror of her dressing table.

A gigantic wave of shock hit me like a brick the moment my eyes swept over the words written on the mirror. The punch was so hard that I staggered back at the impact. It was a message written with her maroon lipstick. It was for me.

Va te faire foutre, mon cheri. (Go fuck yourself, darling)

Next to it was a kiss mark.

"Oh mon Deus!" Toby exclaimed but there was a wide grin on his face like he was overly impressed by her. (Oh my god)

"Merde!" Liam cursed under his breath. (Shit)

"Ta gueule." I snapped. (Shut up)

"Just shut up." Oliver scolded.

"Yeah that's what I said."

"Well then shup up in English. I'm feeling left out." He complained.

"Are we seriously discussing language preferences right now?" Liam interrupted.

I sprinted out and spotted Jake run out the house, barking orders to search for her in the woods behind. That's when my eyes fell on the open window.

The fuck! She jumped through the window. But how?!

"You!" I slammed the guard stationed outside her room into the wall. "Did you take her handcuffs off?"

"Handcuffs?" The other three screamed in unison.

"Tell me you did not do that Rafael." Oliver charged at me like a raging bull.

"What did you expect me to do? Leave her alone so that she kills herself?"

"So you handcuffed her." Liam raised his brows accusingly.

"Yes, I handcuffed her to the bed. Happy now?"

"And she still managed to escape! I'm her fan, really." Toby praised.

"I fucking asked you something." I punched the guard. The nerve of him make me repeat myself.

"S-Sorry boss. She said she had a problem and requested me to them them off for ten minutes." He said, trembling like he'd collapse any moment.

"And you did?"