C H A P T E R 65

65 | Touch Me And You'll Burn

Travis's frantic footsteps disrupted the shock filled silence

Travis's frantic footsteps disrupted the shock filled silence. His usual composed face was gone. His gaping mouth and distorted stance conveyed that he was equally shaken.

"Boss-"

"I know." I cut him off, making a dash towards the main door while the other three followed.

First came trepidation, then fear and then finally when my eyes landed on her, there came nothingness. My heart stopped dead like the other three who came to a breakneck halt when they saw her.

Vittoria Andress was here.

Liam gasped, Toby sobbed and Oliver stood there motionless, blankly staring at his sister.

The girl looked like Vittoria but today she wasn't just Vittoria. She resembled a warrior standing in the wreckage of the demolished battlefield. Victorious but destroyed.

Her dress was torn and there wasn't an inch of her skin untouched by blood. Her wrists and lips were bleeding, arms housing grim cuts and cheeks swollen. And yet she managed to take my breath away.

Her feet began dragging her beaten body up the stairs. Even in this broken condition, her charm remained untouched. She had the grace of a swan, pride of a warrior and fury of a wounded beast.

She went further away from me with every step she took in my direction as she closed the distance between us. Rage unfurled from her swollen eyes like waves in a stormy ocean. Those procellous eyes never left mine, conveying the hatred crammed in them.

Her step faltered for a second. Travis progressed in her direction to help her. She briskly held her hand up daring him to move from his place. Her raging gaze was still rooted on me.

Every single head hung down in shame. No one uttered a word. It was six a.m but there was no hint of daylight. It was like the skies were promising an unending darkness as a punishment for letting her down yet again.

Then the moment I feared the most came. She had completed her ascent and was now standing before me. I wasn't strong enough to look at her. So I instead diverted my eyes to the pendant on her neck which was now bathed in her blood. Her gaze still didn't falter. It penetrated right into my guilty eyes. That look had a warning.

We were going to witness destruction.

She stretched out her left hand gesturing to someone behind her. Only then did I notice the guard walking behind her, holding a wooden box in his hands.

She finally tore her glare away from me and continued her way into the house. I tried hard to move but I couldn't.

"Fuck! No!" Liam clutched his blonde hair, absolute horror written over his face.

I turned back and every single part of me shattered. My heart exploded inside my chest and I felt unbearable flames burning within me. My feet stumbled several steps behind and I suddenly couldn't breathe. My vision was beginning to blur from the pain I was feeling.