C H A P T E R 71

71 | I'm Pregnant?

2 WEEKS LATER

"Liam stop singing! I'm trying to work." I threw a tomato at him. He ducked and it instead hit poor Tobo was was stirring his ramen.

"Oops! Sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"You're forgiven my child." He smiled back whilst washing off the red pulp from his face.

"Serves you right idiot Tobo." Liam was laughing his ass off, his dirty blonde hair flipping to the side in the process.

"When do you plan to join back?" Toby asked, ignoring this cartoon.

"Soon." I lied. The thought of stepping out still terrified me. Good thing they haven't caught a hint of it. Besides, I am working from home, so why not.

"What are you still working on by the way? The cash flow analysis?" Liam peered into the screen.

"Yep! I'm almost done. You can present it on Monday."

"Okay cool." We did a fist bump.

Rafael walked in, winking at me. I continued typing on my laptop. His right palm laid flat beside the laptop while the he bent down to my level, pretending to read what's written on the screen. I slammed the laptop shut.

"I was reading that." He stated.

"Tell me one word you read. I dare you." Toby wiggled his brows teasingly and Liam suppressed a laughter.

"What do the figures say? Are they favorable?" He asked, not paying attention to the twins.

"Liam he asked you something." I replied monotonously.

"I asked you." He retorted.

"So Toby, when can I finally move back to my room? I'm kinda missing it." I pouted.

That's how it's been ever since the painful conversation I had with him two weeks back. I haven't spoken a single word. Scratch that, I haven't even seen his face. That's how much I'm ignoring his existence.

A few interesting developments took place in these two weeks. Grandpa was furious about what Rafael did. But quite surprisingly, Luca didn't retort in any way...yet. My intuition tells me he's planning something big.

Luca and Nikolai have both come back from hiding. If it wasn't for Oliver, they'd be dead too but we need them until we find Camila. They are very closely associated with the Visitant. That's the only way we'll be able to find that Shrouded bitch. About Camila, we still don't have anything concrete on hand but we won't stop trying.

"People in the office are missing my girlfriend." Rafael pushed. He's not in a mood to give up today. I picked my laptop and exited the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready. Come back soon." Toby yelled from the kitchen.