Puppets on Strings

song: play with fire by sam tinnesz

Ten minutes pass and still nothing has changed. After Clarke left, I tried my damn near hardest to protect the grounder, but Elliot and Miller got a hold of me.

"Let go, you morons!" I struggled against them as Bellamy eyed the grounder.

"Please be quiet, Hails." Elliot pleads. I whip my head around and meet his pleading gaze with my fiery one.

I open my mouth to spit at him, but Clarke's yelling breaks the small moment of silence. "Hey!" She screams, banging on the door. "Open the door!"

"Let her in!" I yell to Miller. He jumps at the volume of my voice and reluctantly complies.

"Get out of my way, Miller!" She bellows, trying to shove him aside. "Now!" During her outrage, I shoved Elliot away from me, still disgusted with him and his actions.

After Miller hastily steps out of the way, she marches towards the grounder with her eyes narrowed and jaw locked tight. "What's on this?" She hisses, showing the knife that had been in Finn's abdomen.

My eyes widen as I stared at the knife. "What are you talking about, Clarke?" I tilt my head and narrow my eyes.

Without even so much as glancing at me, she states, "He poisoned the blade!" She shoves the knife into the grounders face as if to show him the damage he's done. She brings the knife back down to her side and shakes her head slowly. "All this time he knew Finn was going to die no matter what we did." She steps back at glances at me. I grimace at her gaze that I had possessed for a long time. Worry. Fear. The need for revenge. "What is it?! Is there an antidote?" She takes a step closer and I fear I may have to pull her back.

Somewhere between my punching of Bellamy and Clarke's arrival, Octavia had arrived. "Clarke, he doesn't understand you." She tells her, but her gaze settles on me.

I clench my jaw and look away, feeling Bellamy's gaze burning holes into the side of my head. "You'd have to be stupid to have a poison around this long without an antidote." Clarke mutters to herself as she drops to the floor and begins searching through his things. My eyes follow her movements before I turn my gaze to the viles on the seat a couple metres away.

"Viles." I mutter as I practically sprint to them. "Here." I say, dropping down next to her. I look up at the grounder, and press my lips together in a line. "Which one?" I ask, hoping that he will answer, but I know better.

I am met with silence, and the slight narrowing of his eyes. "Answer the question!" Bellamy yells from behind me.

"Shut your damn mouth, Blake." I mutter, keeping my gaze on the grounder. Out of the corner of my eye, I swear I can see him mock me. I roll my eyes at his childishness, although I am just the same, if not worse.

"Tell us, please." Octavia mutters, stepping closer.

"Which one?" Clarke pleads. "Our friend is dying down there and you can stop that!" She yells out and I place my hand on her shoulder, puller her back from him. She whirls around to face me and her eyes are murderous.

"Which side are you on, Hailey?" She yells out, shoving me. "You act all high and mighty, but the second shit hits the fan, you back away and pretend that it's not all your fault!" She screams, trying to push me again.

"How the hell is this my fault?" I gesture between the grounder and I.

"You let Octavia run back to camp alone when you know she couldn't find her way back!" She yells.

"I didn't know shit, Clarke." I hiss to her, aware that everyone is watching the interaction.

"You left Wells to die!" She screams, rears back and punches me in the face.

Pain explodes in my cheek and I feel blood trickle down it. "Clarke, whatever vendetta you have against me doesn't matter down here." I mutter, taking a step closer to her. "You can't blame other people's mistakes on me." I shake my head and turn to Octavia. "And yeah, I probably didn't think ahead when I sent you away, but all I was thinking of was getting you out of danger." I turn to the grounder and I see a small bit of sadness in his eyes. "I can admit, though, that your pain is my fault, and for that Ai laik fiya." I am sorry. I turn back to Clarke with a blank expression coating my features. "Better?" I walk past her and hit my shoulder against her's, wanting her to feel a fraction of the pain that I feel.

I stare at the ground as I lean against the wall. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I know who it is. "It's not your fault." Octavia mutters.

I shake my head, "Don't." I mutter, looking up at Bellamy as he gazes at the grounder.

"I'll get him to talk." He mutters before grabbing the grounders hand and slicing it open. "Tell us!"

"Bellamy, no!" Octavia leaves my side and runs up to him.

"He wants Finn to die, why can't you see that?" He yells to her and his gaze falls to me. "Do you want Finn to live or not?" A frown pulls at my lips as I turn my gaze back the grounder.

"He won't tell you even if you torture him, so no, we're not stooping to that level." I say, pushing off of the wall to stand beside Octavia.

"Do it." Clarke mutters. I clench my jaw and my breathing starts to quicken.

The world begins to slow down as I hear Octavia shouting at Clarke, but all I see is Bellamy slice open his shirt and then red. Red begins to pour out of him and I feel my heart blacken. Is this really what we've come to? Torture?

I shake my head and feel bile rise to my throat as Bellamy says, "Show us the antidote or you'll wish you had."

"Bellamy, stop." I mutter as my vision spins.

He whirls around, expecting me to be standing strong and firm, but he's met with my pale and clammy form falling to the floor. The last thing I remember is hitting something soft and Bellamy's voice.

"It'll be okay, Hailey."

_______

THE DRAMA DUN DUN DUN

MUAHAHAHA I love doing this to you guys >:)

Anyway, hopefully I get out another chapter this weekend, but I might not

With love,

Abigail <3